Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

California Laws

Jonathan

Reaction score
alot of new cars wouldnt pass that crap.........lucky enough, at least around here not much is inforced if you dont drive like a deutch

rx-runner

Reaction score
this is why i hate cali, they are too dam anal about car stuff. :motz:

navy jackal

Reaction score
and thats why i dont want to be stationed in sandiego or any where in california.

07SWB

Reaction score
gotta love how everything is illegal... but it said lowering is ok as long as the lowest part of the vehicle is higher than the bottom of the rim.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Yep, CA is pretty strict :thumpdown: Once in awhile you'll see several cops(speed traps) have mod'ed cars pulled over on the side of the road actually checking for noise levels (noise meter)and engine mods.

Hanjob

Reaction score
I hate california car/driving laws.... :eviltongue:

x-runner kid

Reaction score
damn that makes me feel better about moving up to Oregon wher i can do whatever i want with my truck as long as I have lights and blinkers and both plates i said bye bye to smog and smog tests

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
If I lived in cali I would have my vehicle registered in another state.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
If I lived in cali I would have my vehicle registered in another state.

if you could pull it offf that would be the way to go in washington you cant have a car with out of state plates parked at your house for longer than like a couple of weeks you can get fined its gay

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
They can write fines all they want, doesn't mean it would hold up in court. For all they know im in town for a while taking care of a sick relative. :top:

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
ive lived in cali for all my life and thats the only thing i hate about it.

07SWB

Reaction score
as far as i can remember, a vehicle who is registered to someone who is a resident of cali can not have out of state plates for longer than 60 days. Its something stupid like that.

We all own new trucks, why worry about smog?

rx-runner

Reaction score
as far as i can remember, a vehicle who is registered to someone who is a resident of cali can not have out of state plates for longer than 60 days. Its something stupid like that.

yea if you want to hallow out your exhaust, then it would be hard to pass

not just hallow, but put on a turbo, free following exhaust

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

Who proves that you were there the entire 60 day term the law references. You could travel frequently across state lines. :top: So technically once you leave the Cali border to go "home" your 60 day term is reset. There is no cap on how many days a week you can visit a resident in Cali from out of state. Unless they follow you every minute of the day you drive, every day, for 60 days, (to try and prove that 60 day window has been exceeded and then try and claim residency) they can not prove crap. Your residents is where your mail goes. If your mail, license, and plates are out of state tuff shiit.

They just bank on people not fighting it and just paying a fine or giving in and registering in the state of CA. If you got a fine and wrote a letter stating the above with a legit reason as to why they see your car so much. They cant do shiit.

Id set up a PO Box in a town out of state near a family member and have them mail me any important mail; pay your bills online. Put that address on your license. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

07SWB

Reaction score
if you own/rent a house.. they would check all that stuff if they kept seeing the vehicle.. cali cops are horrible and have nothing better to do..

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
A cops not going to check your mortgage, nor does he have the right to. Say they find out that you rent or own a house in CA. What can I say, you are a rich mofo and have houses all over the country. If your License has an out of state address what the hell is he gonna do. If they want to see proof of where you live in court, you live with your mommy and daddy out of state.

Or damn your aunt is so sick, you rent the place next door to spend the night there 1 or two days a week when your not at your home... Boy you sure are a swell guy taking care of your sick aunt.

According to federal law in regards to PO boxes you can only have ONE primary residents. If that residents is outside of CA, to bad!!!!!

If I live in NY but also own a house in CA it doesn't mean I need a CA drivers license to own that property.

Last edited:

PLCX

Reaction score
man that sucks for you guys over there sorry

dermaestro

Reaction score
A cops not going to check your mortgage, nor does he have the right to. Say they find out that you rent or own a house in CA. What can I say, you are a rich mofo and have houses all over the country. If your License has an out of state address what the hell is he gonna do. If they want to see proof of where you live in court, you live with your mommy and daddy out of state.

Or damn your aunt is so sick, you rent the place next door to spend the night there 1 or two days a week when your not at your home... Boy you sure are a swell guy taking care of your sick aunt.

According to federal law in regards to PO boxes you can only have ONE primary residents. If that residents is outside of CA, to bad!!!!!

If I live in NY but also own a house in CA it doesn't mean I need a CA drivers license to own that property.

You would have to prove out of state residence in court. People moving to California have 60 days to get a CA drivers license and register their vehicle. At times it's difficult to smog an out of state care because of the special emissions.

Make up all the bologna stories you want, if you can persuade the court then :top:

Top Bottom