Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Calling All Frame Replacements!!!!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So my truck goes under the knife on Monday. I just went in for a "Pre-Op" appointment and the one thing we found was there are U channel brackets that are welded to the frame to mount the X-Brace to and the frame in the yard didn't have them. Also did you get a new X-Brace?

o0opackersfano0o

Reaction score
Ok they don't remebe cuz we only have had one. But I'm going to school tomorrow. Toyota headquarters in mass. I'll ask them there. They will no for sure lol

Gadget

Reaction score
It is not a frame for an XRunner without the X braces.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya, that's what I was saying. I feel the xbrace is a frame part that should be replaced under this warranty

markgt531

Reaction score
so they have frames but for the regular access cab ? not for the x ? i doubt i can still squeeze my 2nd one in for replacement since i just got it.

Gadget

Reaction score
Are there provisions in the new frame to bolt the x brace to? If so I would not worry to much. Very simple parts to remove, clean, and paint if needed. If the provisions for the X braces are not there, it is the wrong frame.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
When we looked at the frame in the yard compared to the frame under my truck the only difference were a couple u-channel brackets that were welded on (terribly I might add) where the bottom two bolts mount the x-brace.

Can someone with a hitch receiver please take a picture where the x-brace bolts up to confirm I don't have a rogue mounting system?

easts1d3

Reaction score
100% a new xbrace is provided
i sold my new one since my previous one is powdercoated

o0opackersfano0o

Reaction score
Ya just got confirmation new frame comes with new xbrace already attached. Xrunners have there own special frame

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. But I still want to hear from ANYONE who has had theirs replaced so I have more backup.

easts1d3

Reaction score
What the hell am I?
"100% a new xbrace is provided
i sold my new one since my previous one is"
-easts1d3

Are you talking about the mouting points for the xbrace?
If so the new frame must have them!
The xbrace was mounted to my frame when it came in!

Attachments

• IMG_5395.jpg
    IMG_5395.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 202

Clunkydiamond

Reaction score
I didn't personally didn't get the frame done but I bought my truck from my boss who had it done a month before I bought the truck from him. He had the same problem toyota had to reorder a frame because it was for a regular access cab and not the x runner. Toyota had kept his truck and extra 2 weeks waiting on the correct frame

Samjaw82

Reaction score
Frame replacements are from 2005-2007 for now. X-runner frames have a completely different part # than the other frames. X-brace isn't the only thing that makes the truck different.

Top Bottom