Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Carbon removal help

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
my truck has DTLT headers, URD y-pipe, and URD 3" catback, therefore i have no catylitic converters. since i have to cats, i am constantly getting a buildup of carbon (i think?) on the side of my truck.

0EFD4D6A-1.jpg

this picture was taken immediately after i washed my truck and i sat there and scrubbed at it and couldnt get it off. does anybody have any ideas to remove it that wont damage my paint?

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
old school shaving cream, not menthol or additive crap, just straight barbasol, or if you can find it, it's called "totally awesome"...the name says it all.

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
old school shaving cream, not menthol or additive crap, just straight barbasol, or if you can find it, it's called "totally awesome"...the name says it all.

That is probably the weirdest thing I have ever heard lmao. But I'll give it a shot

TurboTrck

Reaction score
You have a free flowing exhaust, which means you are not burning all the fuel anymore. You can get a tune to lean the mixture out and stop the nuisance smoke problem. Yes your paint is jacked up, nothing will remove it to my knowledge.

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
You have a free flowing exhaust, which means you are not burning all the fuel anymore. You can get a tune to lean the mixture out and stop the nuisance smoke problem. Yes your paint is jacked up, nothing will remove it to my knowledge.

I have a 2011. No tune for them yet, as to my knowledge

Toon714

Reaction score
I have a 2011. No tune for them yet, as to my knowledge

Yes there is a tune for the 09+.
ProEFI ems.
No plug play harness. U will have to cut into ur factory harness like I did and wire it in.

Im the 1st 09+ with a stand alone ems. :top:

Also try scrubbing the area of ur exhasut with warm water and soap.
Thats how I took mine off. Also clay bar will help take it off a lil too.

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Yes there is a tune for the 09+.
ProEFI ems.
No plug play harness. U will have to cut into ur factory harness like I did and wire it in.

Im the 1st 09+ with a stand alone ems. :top:

Also try scrubbing the area of ur exhasut with warm water and soap.
Thats how I took mine off. Also clay bar will help take it off a lil too.

Well yes that tune would work but its a lot of work. I guess by "tune" I'm talking about the UCON or similar

Toon714

Reaction score
Ya u can wait for the ucon or something else.
Good luck finding those 09+ plugs....

Already gona be 4yrs and those plugs arent released.

I know why it isnt gonna get released for a while.

Top secret info.
I know wat other vehicles shares the same.plugs as the.09+.
Ill try to get those plugs myself and sale them. Lol

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Ya u can wait for the ucon or something else.
Good luck finding those 09+ plugs....

Already gona be 4yrs and those plugs arent released.

I know why it isnt gonna get released for a while.

Top secret info.
I know wat other vehicles shares the same.plugs as the.09+.
Ill try to get those plugs myself and sale them. Lol
There's a million dollar idea lol.

OOsoBlueX09

Reaction score
Shaving cream and hot water works amazing on carbon I was taught that trick by and old Drill SGT in basic for cleaning the bolt of the M-16.

STONER-X

Reaction score
i used castrol super-clean and a sponge... it will take the wax off so be sure to slap a little back on there..

it is in a big purple gallon jug and will run about 7-10$ depending on where purchased... i use this stuff for everything!!! greasy rags, oily pants / shirts.. cleaning gun brass.. dewaxing cars for fresh wax.. and so much more... its some good stuff

Top Bottom