Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

catch can Q

STONER-X

Reaction score
Ok so for the past while I have been running a catch can vented to atmosphere. ... I am wondering what is the point of the can if it's not going back to the intake?

It catches a lot of water.. so it works.. but it seems pointless to catch the water only to dump it out..

I am wanting to run the vent lines somewhere put a breather filter on the end and just ditch the can.... sound reasonable? Or is there something I'm missing?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
To catch the oil vapor which comes out as well. Otherwise you will notice a drip of oil coming out of the filter.

You could put a filter on one side of the engine. Route the other side intake the can, then run the outlet of the can to the inlet of the turbo. Then it would continuously suck through the valve train like before, without giving you a CEL.

Last edited:

STONER-X

Reaction score
I'm just wanting to ditch the can so I don't have to empty it anymore. .. it dealing with a drip is all there is to deal with then that is simple enough...

My plan in my head is to have the two vents run to a "T" then have a single hose with a filter run towards the ground with a filter on it...

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I'm just wanting to ditch the can so I don't have to empty it anymore. .. it dealing with a drip is all there is to deal with then that is simple enough...

My plan in my head is to have the two vents run to a "T" then have a single hose with a filter run towards the ground with a filter on it...

Well it would just drip out of the filter then...

Top Bottom