Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

****caution to all djm****

roy365

Reaction score
Ya know this is not the first time I have seen poor quality on DJM's behalf. On my last vehicle (Trailblazer SS) they had similar issues as well. Bolts were backing out of the arms. I think I will definitely stay away from DJM in the future.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya know this is not the first time I have seen poor quality on DJM's behalf. On my last vehicle (Trailblazer SS) they had similar issues as well. Bolts were backing out of the arms. I think I will definitely stay away from DJM in the future.

I've heard arguments on both sides - great experiences and poor. The fact is that if you want a bolt-on kit to go lower than 2 inches, DJM is the only option for the X-Runner.

lamecargo

Reaction score
So I called djm back yesterday to see if they wanted me to mail the old one back for an EI. Mike told me nope "use it as a doorstop".... So I proceeded to ask about the new design and reason for reinforcing that area, and about all the others who had the old unreinforced bracket..he told me to tell "everyone to drive slower with older kits". I'm not sure what to think of this guy but I will not talk to him again. Nothing but an ass and douche

Murderface

Reaction score
Ya that's pretty shitty of an answer fo sho! What kind of bullshit is that to tell someone they have to drive slower?!

98_mud_bug

Reaction score
i drive my truck like i stole the damn thing, and i dont want my arms to fall apart, i didnt buy a drop kit for them to half ass back it up and give me the run around. some people didnt buy their truck to drive it slow.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
So I called djm back yesterday to see if they wanted me to mail the old one back for an EI. Mike told me nope "use it as a doorstop".... So I proceeded to ask about the new design and reason for reinforcing that area, and about all the others who had the old unreinforced bracket..he told me to tell "everyone to drive slower with older kits". I'm not sure what to think of this guy but I will not talk to him again. Nothing but an ass and douche

:laugh:

DJM had some credibility....

...annnnnndddd its gone:top:

DJM DIRECT

Reaction score

I know mike personally and as well as the other guys there. I think his sense of humor if you dont know him comes off the wrong way.

As for other people worrying about that area I woldnt. Since 05 ive lowered more than my fair share of xrunners and sold many kits online and not one person had this happen to them.

I've heard arguments on both sides - great experiences and poor. The fact is that if you want a bolt-on kit to go lower than 2 inches, DJM is the only option for the X-Runner.

and wrong im the number one seller of their a arms for the tbss and actually they make my own version arms for me which are made to my specs since i deal so much with the tbss on my tbssowners.com forum

bolts backing out has nothing to do with the kit thats install. And many guys never go back and retighten like install instructions say.

OUt of all the kits over almsot 8 years since the tacoma kit came out and this is the first failure i really dont know what else to say about that.

Last edited:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score

haha sounds like a bit of sarcasm to me. i put the djm 3/4 on my 05 taco and it was great! drove it for a year with the drop before i traded in for my x-runner and had zero problems. i drove it very hard and it drove exactly like it did stock. no alignment problems or weird steering problems or anything. customer service was also good and the kit was shipped quickly!

Last edited:

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
Just curious but what makes you qualified to say that I mean I'm a welder and I've seen my share of failed welds and I couldn't tell you if it was too much heat or just material fatigue that caused that to fail just from the one picture

Im a certified welder and I wouldn tell you that was a cracked weld. That piece would of failed a whole hell of a lot sooner had it been a cracked weld. Looks more like rust penetration then failure due to worn material from the oxidization process.

Just got the replacement...it looks as if they had foreseen this failure coming. Right where mine failed is a added support welded in and the PC looks way better...pics to follow

That was going to be my question when they sent you a new one. What did they do to beef up that joint. So it seems that they already for saw this or it has happened already. To avoid a lawsuit they are sending out new arms without saying too much about it. Did they only give you one arm or did they repace both?

Ya that's pretty shitty of an answer fo sho! What kind of bullshit is that to tell someone they have to drive slower?!

Lawsuit answer.... throw the company under the water if they had to replace all of them. Looks like the older gens will be doing some reinforcing at that joint.

Why is DJM the only option? I wish belltech made kits for our trucks. after reading this thread though I plan on blasting my set, inspecting welds and material. Possibly tripple welding a few passes, then coating them before I install them.

Tony do all the kits now come with the upgraded balljoint connection on the lower control arms?

And quick quesiton to all of you. Why are you referring to upper and lower control arms as A-ARMS? :stupid: Are we driving quads all of the sudden?

Murderface

Reaction score
Did they only give you one arm or did they repace both?

they only replaced the damaged A arm

Why is DJM the only option?

DJM is the only option for anyone looking to go lower then 1.75" up front and 2.25" in the rear and that comes with a notch

Tony do all the kits now come with the upgraded balljoint connection on the lower control arms?

yes all the kits now come with the beefed up location

And quick quesiton to all of you. Why are you referring to upper and lower control arms as A-arms?

guess cause the look to be in the shape of the letter "A"

Hope this helps

jwg256

Reaction score
pretty damn good response ^. although dropping my truck lower would be sik, I won't be buying DJM considering their attitude towards customer service and concern over their own product being unsafe.. (let the - comments roll)

Murderface

Reaction score
I know Tony is a great person to deal with if u have a concern or question about the kit. Years ago I bought a used kit and had some questions and he set me up with replacement parts which weren't available for replacement at the time. Like Tony said I'm sure the the guy with DJM was joking with his comment.

stepdaddy

Reaction score
Ive used DJM lower a-arms in my colorado, after having issues with them bending they made the arms twice as thick, only changing out previous sold units to the people who bought direct from DJM.

I installed the a-arms on my old truck myself, i went back and inspected them after less than 5k miles and both units were bent. To much time and money wasted for me to try my luck with them again.

DJM DIRECT

Reaction score
since 04 till now installing these kit and selling them this is the first failure that ive heard of. That being said all the units ive been selling have been the updated version since the fix was made.

But people buying from stylinconcepts and other places that keep the stock on the shelf still have the old versions they are selling to customers. This is just another reason many people just sell these items but have no knowledge on the product just like ebay sellers. ALl they do is read from books.

roy365

Reaction score
since 04 till now installing these kit and selling them this is the first failure that ive heard of. That being said all the units ive been selling have been the updated version since the fix was made.

But people buying from stylinconcepts and other places that keep the stock on the shelf still have the old versions they are selling to customers. This is just another reason many people just sell these items but have no knowledge on the product just like ebay sellers. ALl they do is read from books.

Peep your head into the Trailblazer SS forum and you will find other issues for DJM kits. The forum owner was actually taking the parts and fixing them for owners.

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
I went belltech on my fullsize years ago after a former coworker/fabricator geniues informed me that DJM has had issues in the past with there products across the manufacturing board. Thats why I wouldn mind paying more for front arms if they were developed by belltech. However this is the first I have heard about tacoma kits failing.

As a welder I will blast, rework any weak points that I can find, and repowder with a better coating to help ease any issues that are preventable. Seeing how they still replaced the arm I will most likely be ordering from Tony.

Tired of being this high off the ground..... wheel gap is like ****** gap, neither one is fun to play with.

DJM DIRECT

Reaction score
Peep your head into the Trailblazer SS forum and you will find other issues for DJM kits. The forum owner was actually taking the parts and fixing them for owners.

Im actaully norcal ss on tbssowners.com I specd my own trailblazer ss control arms (regular trailblazers are fine) and now DJM makes my custom trailblazer ss arms for me. Its been said for a long time not to use the regular djm version on a trailblazer ss thats where I come in and they will direct you to me.

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
Tony I just scored a set of used DJM arms. The seller believes they are the non updated version. Can you get me pics of pre reinforcement and post reinforcement so I know where to reiforce them myself and repowder before I install?

Top Bottom