Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Change Out Rear Main Seal with Clutch/Flywheel?

KaeserTRD

Reaction score
Have many of you guys been changing out the rear main seal when you do your clutches? I was going to order one but didn't know if many of you have had any problems by not changing them.

If you have changed them, what did you use to install them correctly?

Thanks!

burnboy

Reaction score
I had to have my rear main warrantied. I would while you're there

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oil resistant silicone. And 80in/lbs on the 10mm bolts.

Reaction score
I purchased, and plan on replacing, the engine rear main seal and the front/rear seals for the transmission while I have everything taken apart.

I've always tapped seals into their place slowly and as evenly as possible with a rubber mallet. The rear main is pretty big so I don't know if you can find anything to match its circumference and tap it in evenly.

Oil resistant silicone. And 80in/lbs on the 10mm bolts.

What surfaces do you use oil resistant silicone on for this job, and what bolts are you talking about?

CBRBob

Reaction score
I purchased, and plan on replacing, the engine rear main seal and the front/rear seals for the transmission while I have everything taken apart.

Do you know you have to disassemble the entire trans to get to the front seal? :thumbdown:

Reaction score
Do you know you have to disassemble the entire trans to get to the front seal? :thumbdown:

I was expecting that would be a possibility, but I got the seal anyways in case it were easier to get to when I got in there.

Thanks for the heads up!

Top Bottom