Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Changing from 2.55 back to 2.7 pulley

Billy182

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve had a 2.55 stealth pulley on my X since I put everything together a few years ago, and have decided to go back to the 2.7.
The 2.55 belt slips when it’s jumped on, and I never had that issue when I had a 2.7 pulley on it.
Has anyone else experienced that with a 2.55?

gearhead899

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve had a 2.55 stealth pulley on my X since I put everything together a few years ago, and have decided to go back to the 2.7.
The 2.55 belt slips when it’s jumped on, and I never had that issue when I had a 2.7 pulley on it.
Has anyone else experienced that with a 2.55?
You should probly switch to a URD quick change pulley if you are gonna replace the pulley anyway. Generally you cant re-use the stealth pulleys because they usually get bent when using a puller to remove them. But I wonder if your tensioner is a little worn out and not holding enough tension. Otherwise, id maybe do some research and see if anyone is using a slightly shorter belt with the 2.5 pulley

Billy182

Reaction score
Already checked tension, and belt size is correct. It did this from day one of my original swap from 2.7 to 2.55. IMO it seems like it just doesn’t have enough wrap for the skinny belt .
When this first happened, I checked all that stuff trying to figure out why it did that, and ended up just putting up with it since it’s such a pita to get the pulley off.
Actually, I never really had a problem with a 2.7, it still made 10psi and ran fine with it.
If I didn’t like the oem “look” of the stealth pulley, I’d get one of those that can be changed easily, but I think it would ruin the aesthetics.
Now I’ll need to try to remember which belt I use to have for my 2.7.

gearhead899

Reaction score
Already checked tension, and belt size is correct. It did this from day one of my original swap from 2.7 to 2.55. IMO it seems like it just doesn’t have enough wrap for the skinny belt .
When this first happened, I checked all that stuff trying to figure out why it did that, and ended up just putting up with it since it’s such a pita to get the pulley off.
Actually, I never really had a problem with a 2.7, it still made 10psi and ran fine with it.
If I didn’t like the oem “look” of the stealth pulley, I’d get one of those that can be changed easily, but I think it would ruin the aesthetics.
Now I’ll need to try to remember which belt I use to have for my 2.7.
I gotcha. Yeah i kinda wish Gadget would release a quick change pulley that came in black so it didnt stand out as much.

Top Bottom