check engine light/disconnected vacuum hose

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by nutt14, Apr 9, 2014.

1. nutt14

nutt14 Member

ok so my check engine light came on and a guy at autozone said I needed to change my MAF sensor. Changed it and a day later the engine light came on again, this time I checked under the hood and find a lose nylon tube from my boost gauge to my super charger broke off some. I can also hear air suction from the little fitting on the super charger. Does the fitting on the super charger need to be sealed?

Attached Files:

2. justin13703

justin13703 Active Member

Yeah that's probably what your check engine light is from. Reattach that hose and get the code cleared and you should be good.

3. nutt14

nutt14 Member

alrighty thank you very much for the info Justin!

4. wolfpack_5150

wolfpack_5150 Jangley

pickup a scangauge or an ultragauge.....

next time u can figure out ur own codes instead of hoping vatozone helps ya instead of upselling ya.

also make sure to clean the maf sensor with actual "maf sensor cleaner" once in awhile, and clean the throttle body.

kinda odd about the maf sensor replacement.......... Ive seen them go hundreds of thousands of miles regularly.

5. nutt14

nutt14 Member

ya Justin squared me away, the damn boost gauge line running to the super charger broke and was triggering a check engine light.