Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cipher Auto Bucket Seat Group Buy "Feeler"

Will you buy the seat w/out the airbag sensor?

• Yes...

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No...

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
the sensors get taken from your stock seats and im not sure on the price

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
That's good. Thanks again for the info!

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
dont quote me on this i probably wrong but i believe the group by price will be 300 for the pair of seats and 150 for the brackets but again im not sure

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
That's pretty cheap. What about quality? Are they as good as Corbeau's, Sparco's, or Recaro's?

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
i personally can only say that i think they are very good quality seats. i know those other seats are good too but i would have to see them next to one another to make that assessment. the thing about these seats and company is they are going over and beyond just to make them work for our trucks, and even tho those other company's make great seats you dont see them sticking their neck out and spendsing money to make our air bag sensors work with their seats

CipherAuto

Reaction score
I forgot what I told Jesus about the group buy price, but it should be quite a bit less than $300 for a set of seats. With that in mind, compared to Sparco, Recaro and such...we try to get the beefiest frame possible from the factory as well as obtaining pretty solid cloth materials, but since you aren't paying upwards of $600 a seat it definitely won't be totally on par. We do try our best to maintain quality since racing seats are our bread and butter. Honestly most of the other "replica" type seat companies have HUNDREDS of product lines so they could really care less if their seats are complete shit. I would know, I worked for one of these types of companies for around 4 years (70+ employee auto accessories company).

Check out our forum for more details on the sensors. As I write this, I'm think I'll make a mock-up bracket myself with basic tube frames and metal plates just to see if it can be done and possibly throw it into Daniels car to test. If that works I could have the option of sending the whole thing overseas to produce for a lower cost. I'll be sure to pick the best material possible if I send it overseas since I do not want liability issues. Many options to pursue, hopefully I can get this damn thing done in under a month...at least for the final mock-up.

Edit: Forgot to mention, we will be getting "Type 2" versions of some of our seats that will be built a bit more for racing in mind. The main difference is that the "Type 2" will have twist adjustment on both sides vs the single quick release reclining mechanism. Not to say that the quick release is bad, but for really heavy road racing we will be offering the "Type 2" for slightly more.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^^thats good to hear! So how much would shipping be all the way to thee east coast 08108?

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Thanks again for all of the info djcsx and Cipher. Hopefully everything is looking good by the time I get back to the states and I'll probably pick some up around then!

sbx595

Reaction score
Pending the shipping to the east coast isn't too ridiculous I'm going to plan to put a set of these in!

epa4wd

Reaction score
Wow, will deffinetly keep a close eye to this thread. I have a regular cab and I've been wanting to change the bench seat to something else, more comfortable, the seat airbag system is what has been holding me back. I do know that the seat frame for the X-Runner will also work in the Regular Cab, but I am wondering if the airbag/weight sensors are the same. Is there anything from under the seat I could take a picture of so someone could confirm?

Jeremias

Reaction score
Where do the seatbelts go?
J_StradaXR_3.jpg

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
yeah post up your pic and i can tell you if its the same

Where do the seatbelts go?

if you dont want to use a harness, you can use the factory seat belt, when you disassemble your factory seat to remove the air bag sensors the part that the seat belt clicks into comes off as well and bolts on to the after market seat

Last edited:

Boost JuNKy

Reaction score
Those are nice seats!! Do you end up sitting lower than oem seats? I think I might have a hard time driving a lifted taco with lower seats.

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
he is trying to get them as close to the stock seat height as possible, i spoke with him today and should have a prototype bracket sometime next week, when this happens there will be pictures posted to get feed back on if everything thing is good then we are in business

motorpsyKho

Reaction score
So I'm about to buy some TRD seat covers then I remembered about this thread.. so when would you think the group buy is gonna take effect?

Tunedx

Reaction score
$300.00 How comfortable can these seats possibily be?

Top Bottom