Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

climate control LED change-in progress

bada$$03taco

Reaction score
if you are gonna take forever, ship that thing to me, i can do it tomorrow. and IF you DO take it apart, the fan knob is in there tricky. if you dont get it back right, your fan wont work. i already F'd up one of mine. thank goodness toyota dont ask too many questions. i already tried the HVAC panel. it is DO-able just didn't have the push in LEDs at the time. i have them now just haven't pulled my new panel back apart. i experimented with mine after i did my cluster and shifter lights, and when i put it back together, the fan switch is a couple of round copper wires that some metal fingers press down on when the konb goes back on. if you dont line them up just right your fan wont work. i learned that after putting mine back together. i had to re-disassemble it and fix it. after that i just took it to toyota and told them to replace it. lol

dmbfan73

Reaction score
if you are gonna take forever, ship that thing to me, i can do it tomorrow. and IF you DO take it apart, the fan knob is in there tricky. if you dont get it back right, your fan wont work. i already F'd up one of mine. thank goodness toyota dont ask too many questions. i already tried the HVAC panel. it is DO-able just didn't have the push in LEDs at the time. i have them now just haven't pulled my new panel back apart. i experimented with mine after i did my cluster and shifter lights, and when i put it back together, the fan switch is a couple of round copper wires that some metal fingers press down on when the konb goes back on. if you dont line them up just right your fan wont work. i learned that after putting mine back together. i had to re-disassemble it and fix it. after that i just took it to toyota and told them to replace it. lol
good info, thanks :top:

yosh2000

imfoaminhardcuz
Reaction score
AWESOME BRO! Bought time someone attempted this one! I wanna change mine to red! Keep up posted brotha! If you need any moral support.......just let us know......as I can't offer much else......:laugh:
actually, probably really easy to change to red. just do red LEDs. even though the plastic is orange, w/ red LEDs it will turn out red!

i will be doing this to mine once im done w/ the TL retro!

yosh2000

imfoaminhardcuz
Reaction score
Good luck, there was a guy with a 4x4 i believe that did change his color. You'll have to find a way to remove the orange film on the back of the controls and replace it with an alternate color to make the light distribution look even. I belive you can order these LED's to replace the stock bulbs once you have removed the orange film. http://www.oznium.com/corvette-c5-led

it is impossible to remove the orange film. reason is going from inside out it goes: clear plastic, orange plastic, silver paint. it is impossible to get to the orange plastic w/o ruining the silver paint, or removing the clear plastic.

i have already ruined an a/c cluster this way!

i will just be doing it w/ red LEDs. that way, after it goes through the orange plastic, it will still look red!

GR8DANE

Reaction score
please measure your original bulbs before you order the neo-wedge bulbs from Oznium....i dont think they are the same size:top:....goodluck

dmbfan73

Reaction score
yeah, lets see what u got so far......
well i wasnt going to post anything until i had it all done but here's what i have so far:
the 2 led's are pretty simple to change out. i've been taking lots of photos so when i'm done i'll post a "how-to". oh yeah, and i changed my clock color.
CIMG0460.jpg
CIMG0463.jpg

rich017

Reaction score
That looks so good!:top:

Im looking forward to that write up

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Hey dmbfan73

what did you use for the clock?

Ive done the a/c and recirc leds and taken the orange off the clock but wasn't sure what to put infront to make it blue it's kinda the greenish color right now?

Redline

Reaction score
I did that to mine about a year ago. fairly easy. good job:top:

Top Bottom