Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clutch master cylinder Q?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright so with my trans out and the clutch master cylinder hanging out of the way I noticed last night that the cylinder/finger whatever you want to call it under the boot was kinked.... When I peel the boot back there is brake fluid under there....

So the cylinder isn't bent rather it has crept out....

For the record the "5 minute clutch mod" was done some time ago, so not sure if it was under a load and once I pulled it from the trans crept out....

I am hoping to back off the pressure from the slave and be able to push it back in but want to know if that's an option or is it fubar and I need a new one and bleed the line ect...

Gadget

Reaction score
If you allowed the piston to come all the way out of the slave cylinder you can just push it back in, but you will have to bleed the system.

Is the pushrod straight or is that what is kinked?

G

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry yes the one the bolts to the trans and pushes the shift fork. Kinked as in it came out all the way and can flop around under the boot... So the boot rather looks kinked and te pushrod is straight

Gadget

Reaction score
The push rod is separate from the piston.

It will always flop around as it is not directly connected to anything.

The pressure of the fork keeps it pressed into the pocket on the slave cylinder piston.

If the piston popped out of the cylinder you can push it back in but you will have to bleed the system.

If the seal is leaking brake fluid, then you should replace the slave cylinder. but you can reinstall everything and get by until you get a new cylinder.

G

Top Bottom