Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clutch release bearing squeak TSB!!!

burnboy

Reaction score
That's why when its customer pay I take you to the cleaners

Outburst

Reaction score
Is this only covered as a repair? Or can I just go in asking them to install these parts?

Please say this applies to Canada too. I hope it isn't a repair because I don't have a faulty TOB yet.

X2. :canada:

X3. I wanna see if I can just pull up to Toyota and tell them to fix it even though I'm having no problems right now.

I do have some weird engagement problems at 1st sometimes though..

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
I guess I'll be giving the local toyota here a call tomorrow morning

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I'm about 30 minutes from dropping my tranny for the second time....and install the tsk....for the second time.

This would hit xru, right now. Oh well, I'm about 60k miles OVER the factory warranty. LOL so it wouldn't do me any good. And I bet the parts cost an arm and a leg....

If the sqeak come back. I'm saying **** it. Ill just make my exhaust louder. DTLT...

TXrunner

Reaction score
RedXRunner said:
If that's right why even bother mentioning 2005 models in the TSB.

So that the tech knows it applies to 2005 models as well. They can refer to the tsb even when it's customer pay. Helps with diag. They just increase the labor time when it's CP lol or that's what I did

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
So are they using a TOB similar to the TSK kit?

Raversman

Banned
Reaction score
my trucks got this problem but does it intermittently. any suggestions on how to replicate this problem when i am at t he dealer?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Stickied and re-title.
Glad toyota finally got off their ass and put out a TSB for this issue. Hope it fixes the stupid noise.

SSSXR

Reaction score
X3. I wanna see if I can just pull up to Toyota and tell them to fix it even though I'm having no problems right now.

I do have some weird engagement problems at 1st sometimes though..

X4.

I'm in your exact same position Outburst. same problem shifting into first sometimes too but i don't think this TSB will help that.

when i have some time ill print these sheets and take it to my local dealer. I'm sure I can convince them that if it applies to US tacoma's it should apply to Canadian ones too. if i don't like what they say, i'll take it to the next closest dealer lol.

Last edited:

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
Got an appointment set for next week Monday. Hopefully this does the trick

rich017

Reaction score
I wonder if I can get this done to mine? My truck came with a 100K mile powertrain warranty from the dealer.

TomsXR

Reaction score
Great news!!! To bad mine isn't squeaking atm as well.

tCTaco

Reaction score
Still in the renta rolla. Spoke with my service advisor and he said its looking like tomorrow. I am being patient with them and waiting it out seeing as they have done pretty good by me. I'm expecting to hear from them in the morning to give me an update. He told me they have been working on it and had all the parts in so I can only assume they had to get more parts cause they didn't finish it today. Lol!

tCTaco

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my service advisor...called me and said my x was ready, then called me back about 5 minutes later and said sorry, I was wrong. Turns out that they installed the parts, then the tech took it for a drive and kept grinding 5th. So now he said its looking like they may just replace the entire Tranny! :rockon:...Looks like Ill be out of the X for a few more days.

X-roller

Reaction score
BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! of course they would release this after my warranty is out.... f-in lame. :motz:

tCTaco

Reaction score
Just got the word, they have ordered a new tranny and it is shipping out of Ontario..?? :rockon:I am picking up the X tomorrow and plan on driving it nice until the new Tranny arrives! :laugh:

Top Bottom