Clutch release bearing squeak TSB!!!

Discussion in 'TSBs' started by tCTaco, Mar 14, 2011.

1. RedXRunner

RedXRunner "Splash Baby Douchecanoe"

You're into trannys to? :rock:. What dealer Ed?

2. tCTaco

tCTaco New Member

As if you didnt know......I just dont do reach around shifting....:biggrin:

Joe Myers on 290

3. fmap4life

fmap4life New Member

So if i aint having the issue yet can i pursue this? I have an extended warranty through ford but i am still under factory and have 5k miles left

4. mixplate_xr

mixplate_xr New Member

I don't think so, because they have to do the check first before they can perform the fix.

the check being having the squeak when the clutch isn't pressed and not having the squeak when the clutch is pressed

5. mixplate_xr

mixplate_xr New Member

So I took the X into ServcoAuto here in Hawaii. The service advisor I had was a really chill/cool guy. Chatted it up a bit since he was a former tacoma owner. Talked about few of my mods and whatnot. Luckily when they get it all situated the parts are only in the warehouse in town. So no need to wait a few days for shipping. Hoping to get my X back Tuesday or Wednesday the LATEST.

*crossing Fingers* since we all know how the stealership can manage to take so long for stuff.

*UPDATE*** 03/21/2011 @ 5:19PM ******

Everything was confirmed, the TSB will be performed on my X. Down side of it is that It's gonna be about a week for the parts to come in. Got the appointment set for 8AM Tuesday, 3/29/2011. Plus side of it is that I got the X back and also got a FREE wash :D

#45 mixplate_xr, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  6. EazieE808

EazieE808 New Member

Nah no worry man I just got my truck back today and yeah took them bout a week for get at the part but took them one week for get all the parts on so u should be straight

7. tCTaco

tCTaco New Member

UPDATE!!

So last week they installed the new parts, but they decided to replace the entire Transmission when the tech reported that it still had a bad 5th gear grind. They let me take it home as they were waiting for the trans to come in from Canada :canada:. I drove it around and besides the grind in 5th, it really felt a lot smoother and seemed to hook better. High revs from first to second went in Smooth...then from 3rd to forth, no probs as I had nothing but harsh grinds before the TSB.

So the Trans arrived Monday, but I wasnt able to drop off the X till late Tuesday and picked it up this afternoon. NO MORE 5TH GEAR GRIND!!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:.........so far. I wasnt able to drive it around all day as I had to drop it off and run around all in my work truck, but from the lil bit of spirited driving i was doing on the way home made me fall in love with it all over again. It feels like it is actually putting the power to the ground again. I havent been able to really enjoy it since all the BS with the trans and was just affraid something was going to break. My biz is starting to pick up, but hopefully I will be able to take it out this weekend and really get into it. Its quiet.....no chatter, and NO SQUEAL.....so far.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal New Member

This has nothing to do with a squeaky clutch pedal correct?

9. shaggy08xr

shaggy08xr Active Member

10. toyota_rod

toyota_rod New Member

any of you guys that had your assembly fixed under the tsb have or had a short shifter installed and did you catch any words about it when they dropped your trans? you think the dealer can associate the ss with the squeak even though the shifter has nothing to do with the clutch? i am taking my truck in when i get home

11. NHXRUNNER

NHXRUNNER "New Hampster"
    Staff Member

To be on the safe side, if it were me, I'd just pull the SS until I got it back. :top:

12. toyota_rod

toyota_rod New Member

yea i figured that..and pull a couple other things as well...im glad this was finally dealt with

13. mixplate_xr

mixplate_xr New Member

took it in today, I'm hoping it gets done by the end of the day. Not gonna hold my breath though and i'm anticipating mid/late tomorrow.

14. tCTaco

tCTaco New Member

I have the NST SSK, They have never given me any trouble about it, but I think it would just depend on the dealer.

15. TitanRattler813

TitanRattler813 Well-Known Member

So this means I would have had to wait another year from the time I got fed up with that damn TOB...... nope, no regrets :thumpdown:

16. mixplate_xr

mixplate_xr New Member

huh :hmmmm2:

17. Ethereal

Ethereal New Member

Thanks, sure enough the bolt at the top of the shaft was so loose, i could turn the shaft with my hand. I tightened the bolt up so the shaft had no play and no more squeaks. You the man.

18. mixplate_xr

mixplate_xr New Member

Alright, got the truck back today. Thankfully they were able to complete it in one day. My clutch pedal isn't as stiff as before, liking the feeling.. Glad the sound is gone. Hopefully this is a correct permanent fix.

Also I took it in with my URD SS still on. They gave me no problems about it. I'd recommend being on the safe side and taking your SS off if you have the time to do so.

19. TitanRattler813

TitanRattler813 Well-Known Member

#59 TitanRattler813, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  20. Clewis333

Clewis333 New Member

Does it matter if i have the S/C installed when i take it into the stealership?? will they freak?