Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Compustar remote start

mybluX

Reaction score
I have a Compustar 2W900FMR(SP) on my 05X-Runner and all of a sudden the remote start isnt working. Scratch that, it activates the starter, but the truck just cranks over. It will pause and keep trying until i stop it. It seems to be hit or miss when its already been ran, but when its cold it refuses to start. Also one time it started the truck but the starter keep cranking. So basiclly was wondering if anyone else has had the same situation happen or what. Thaks for your input.:rockon:

IndyXRunner25

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I thought something was wrong with the truck so i took it to the dealership and they said whoever installed my alarm ran the wires too close to the security deal for the key and the dealership moved the wires around and haven't had any issues since.

Scarface

Reaction score
So any recommendations for a good remote start / alarm. I was leaning towards viper...

Edit: im an @ss.

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So any recommendations for a good remote start / alarm. I was leaning towards viper...

If I were you I'd start my own thread. That way you'll get the answers your looking for and the OP can get his :top:

Free bump.

Top Bottom