Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Creaking clutch (how to fix)

sinister07

Reaction score
Man I thought this was just a problem I was having. Im glad to hear I am not alone in this. It is driving me nutts.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
holy crap!!!!

My shaft is so ****ing loose....:laugh:

It wobbles more than a dirty Dubstep beat.... and has play in all directions move it a lot with just my finger...:thumpdown:

Mine also squeaks when its warm out....

I have 123k miles...no warranty... i assume im going to have to pay to have this fixed????

AND WHO F***ING BRIGHT IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE A CLUTCH PEDAL OUT OF PLASTIC?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??! :fail:

Jesus f***ing christ, so every time i clutch kick...im kicking something made out of plastic....I HATE THIS DAMN TRUCK....

I'm going to find out where ever the hell that guy lives and drop kick him square in the balls....

STONER-X

Reaction score
^^^ sounds like you could do mods and fix that shifter right up... whats a "clutch kick"? sounds like something a cheerleader would do :laugh: if you are conserned with it being plastic maybe you are pushing too hard.... i dont see any problem with it being plactic.. the pivot point for the cluch master push rod is high so the force would not be too strong on the pedal..

as for the squeek i just reach my hand under the dash and give the clutch push rod a little wiggle and it goes away for a few months...

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
Mine is at Toyota Right now getting fixed I'll let everyone know when I pick it up tomorrow what the verdict is ! It's obvously something they are not sure about if I have to leave it there for more than a day ! lets see what toyota says about this one :hmmmm2: The service guy told me they had to contact someone up high to figure out exactly how to take care of it ! ... I brought it in 10 thousand miles ago and they lubed it up and it sopped till last week. I told them I wanted it permentantly fixed not temporarly fixed

BMWtech

Reaction score
Mine has gotten worse in the past few weeks. I'm going to try moving the clutch push rod like other people suggested.

AsianTaco

Reaction score
I wanted to let you guys know this is my SECOND X-Runner and yeah my 2010 does it sometimes too. But now it doesn't do it much anymore. I don't know why. :hmmmm2:

xrgilly

Reaction score
I wanted to let you guys know this is my SECOND X-Runner and yeah my 2010 does it sometimes too. But now it doesn't do it much anymore. I don't know why. :hmmmm2:

same with my 09 sometimes yes sometime no its crazy

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
Most helpful post yet! that squeak drives me INSANE and makes my girlfriend think my truck is a piece. Im gonna try lubing and rotating the arm soon as I get a day off.

XrnrEagle08

Reaction score
I simply tried some white grease on the petal shaft, my truck only squeaks about once a year when the weather starts to get cold. I don't like for the dealer to touch my baby just for any reason. I recently got the recall on my truck for the "accelerator" issue and they did something to my truck and it hasn't been the same since. So beware of the dealer putting there hands on your baby!!!!

Boost JuNKy

Reaction score
After reading this thread a while back, I wondered when mine would creak, and sure enough it started creaking yesterday. Did this fix today and it no more noise.
From the service history, previous owner had the clutch pedal service done. Hopefully that noise doesn't come back.

HOTROD-X

Reaction score
i have a squeek in mine and at the dealer that i work at we had it in the shop and sent in a teck case and they call ed back and said they are going to issue a tsb on the problem in a few months. mine is squeeking from inside the bell housing and it is where the throw out bearing is riding on the shaft.

a new person that we have working with us now from FL. said that they had one doing the same thing and toyota replaced with new trans.

hope something is done soon mine is driving me crazy!!!!!! :banghead:

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
Just had mine mine replaced from toyota yesterday ... haha same thing !!!

stockredx

Reaction score
I simply tried some white grease on the petal shaft, my truck only squeaks about once a year when the weather starts to get cold. I don't like for the dealer to touch my baby just for any reason. I recently got the recall on my truck for the "accelerator" issue and they did something to my truck and it hasn't been the same since. So beware of the dealer putting there hands on your baby!!!!

I looked at my accel. pedal and there is no way in hell it will get hung up on the floor mat. (i use the factory mat on the driver's side anyways)
I was not planning on getting the recall thing done and after reading your post I definitely am not getting it done!

HerbsNBuds

Reaction score
My clutch used to squeak and did for a year. Really bothered me but once it broke-in the noise stopped

LRunner

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 07 and was told several things. I took a copy of the TSB to the local dealer. A in house mechanic came out to discuss it and told me to replace the pedal shaft bushings and the clevis sub assembly. I asked him about the pedal and he said you could replace it but the other pieces would fix it.
I took it apart and replaced what he said and it has worked perfect, no noise since.. just looked at it again this weekend when I added the URD short shifter kit to the shifter. All still ok after 5k miles.

rios

Reaction score
so i noticed that mine is squeeking even when im driving (low first and low in second up to 2K rpms)i have tried the pedal thing, i feel like it is the throw out bearing....am i right?

toyota_rod

Reaction score
if its squeaking annoyingly when the clutch is engaged then there is no factory fix...buy the tsk kit...or wait..like i am..for a tsb...one day

rios

Reaction score
there is no squeak when the clutch is fully pushed in, but as soon as it is half way out it starts to squeak bad

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
If you stop moving the pedal and hold it perfectly in that spot does it keep squeaking? if so that is another problem(related to transmission/clutch/flywheel/throw out bearing/ moving parts down there).

This is thread is about just the pedal assembly itself that makes noise when it moves ( and it will do this whenever you push the pedal, even if truck is off and sitting in a parking lot)

TRD-X

Reaction score
^ What he said, but if your ride is still under warranty and the pedal is squeaking have the dealer replace it as this was the only fix for my 08 X.:top: Don't let them put lube on it as a fix!

Top Bottom