Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cruise control parts?? Where to order them

gpd005

Reaction score
I got my truck a few months ago and the cruise control has never worked. I searched for fuses and never could find anything to get it to work. So Saturday morning I tore into it to see if i could find the probelm. Sure enough, i found it but now i don't know how to get the part i need to fix it. When I took the back plate off of the cruise control lever there are two metal contacts, when you press the button to turn the cruise on there is a small piece of metal that connects the two metal contacts and turns it on. Well, that piece is missing from my vehicle??? How or why i have no idea but obviously the previous owner has been in there messing with it for some reason. My question is where the heck can I order or pick up this small piece from? I'm 30 mins. from a dealership and i'm not able to get there during the business hours. Is there anywhere that i might be able to look this part number up on a parts fiche or something to order from an online dealer? I woulnd't think it would be very expensive but i'd really like to have the cruise control working on my truck. Thanks for any help that can be offered up by anyone!!!

rexrunner

Reaction score
so you need a new cruise handle?

the handle works off ground resistance, different resistance for different outputs over 1 wire.

gpd005

Reaction score
so you need a new cruise handle?

the handle works off ground resistance, different resistance for different outputs over 1 wire.

I dont actually need a new cruise handle but that's what it may come down to cause i'm doubting that i will be able to get the one little piece that I actually need. It's inside of the the actual handle and it's smaller than a quarter. I may run by a local junk yard to see if they might have a yota around that I could grab one off of. My wife has a Corolla and i pulled the back off of her cruise handle and it has the same piece that i'm needing so i think any newer yota should work.

Top Bottom