Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

December 2013 : babyboi2284's 2009 BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
December 2013 : TOP RIDE
babyboi2284's 2009 Barcelona Red X-Runner

How I Got My X-Runner
I saw my first RR X-Runner back in 2006 and instantly wanted one. I went to the nearby Toyota dealership and told the salesman I wanted to test drive one. After a few seconds of silence he looked at me and said "You mean a pre runner right?" and I looked back and said "uhhhh no an x-runner". He said "sir there is no such thing as an x-runner". Another few seconds of silence then I told him "it's a tacoma with a body kit"....and out of no where he says "you must be talking about an extreme right?" after that I just turned around and walked out. A few days later I tried again with a different salesman and he actually knew what an XR was but didn't have any within a 3 hour drive so I was out of luck. I was determined to buy a truck that night so I bought a salsa red pearl 06 Tundra DC TSS instead. I did a few things to the tundra over the three and a half years I had it then the mod bug died quick.

After getting laid in off in 2010 from a great paying job I found another job to hold me over. For this job I had to go through two weeks of training in Baton Rouge before I could work on my own. On the very last day of the field training we were heading back to the hotel in the van when something caught my eye at the Toyota dealership. I had to do a double take when I noticed an XR sitting in the entrance facing the street. As soon as we made it back to the hotel I ran to my tundra then drove straight to the dealership and said I want to drive the XR right now. The guy got the keys and gave them to me and said let’s go. At the time I thought the truck handled and shifted like a dream (before I bought my drop and chopped shifter) and fell in live with it. I told him I would be back tomorrow (Saturday) to trade in my tundra and buy the XR. That morning I drove two hours back to the dealer and did all the paperwork as fast as I could so I could get back home...my bachelor party was Saturday night...and show off my new truck. But before I could even leave the dealer I had to figure out how to put it in reverse, lol. It took me a minute but I got it figured out.

After about a week I started Googling parts for it when I ran across XRU which has been the downfall of my bank account haha.

Performance Modifications:
] TRD 1st Gen CAI
] Airaid Throttle Body Spacer
] Magnaflow Muffler

Suspension:
] DJM 3/3
] QA1 18 Setting shocks
] Low pro bump stops
] Moog ball joints

Interior:
] Black Leather Interior w/ Red Contrast Stitching And TRD Embroidered In The Seat Backs
] Redline Goods Black Leather Center Console Lid Cover
] Coupe Cajun Weighted Black/Red Shift Knob
] Coupe Triple Gauge Radio Panel
] Coupe 8.5" Chopped Shifter
] NST Short Shift Kit
] Weather Tech Floor Mats
] Red Dash Light And Clock Mod
] Ultragauge With Red Led Swap
] Map Light Mod
] White Leds In Map And Dome Lights
] Jensen DVD Head Unit
] JL Audio 500/1 Amp
] 2 JL 10w6v2 Subs
] Custom Box Wrapped In Black Vinyl With Red Stitching
] Prosport EVO Series Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Volt And Water Temp Gauges
] Lotek Dual Pillar Pod
] Innovate XD-16 AFR Gauge With LC-1

Exterior:
] 5 Piece Billet Grill With Upper Grill Recessed (Thanks To BondXII)
] Nightvision Projector Retrofit In Blacked Out Headlights With White Halos
] 6k Hids In Headlights And Fogs
] Half Evo Mod
] Coupe Red "TRD" Battery Tie Down
] Coupe Fuse Box Acrylic Cover
] Optima Red Top
] Coupe Custom Acrylic Intake Cover
] Oil Catch Can
] BR Painted Engine Cover
] Greddy Oil Sandwich Plate Adaptor For Oil Gauge Sensors
] Weather Tech Window Visors
] S2K Antenna
] White Leds In Reverse, License And Marker Lights
] Curt Class 3 Tow Hitch
] Lorenzo 20" Wheels With 255/35/20 Rubber
] 5% Tint
] Fog Light Mod

Future Modifications:

] X-Panels with 08 stock door panels (TBI)
] T-Rex 2 eyelids (TBI)
] Full Air Ride
] 4 Link
] Watts Link
] Upgrade Sound System
] Black Carpet
] Bed Cover
] DTLT's Or URD Headers
] URD Cat Back
] Flyzeye V2 Wired Version Led
] "Big 3"

Congratulations Brian and great work on the truck!

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Brian... Truck is lookin' good! :top:

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Congrats man! Truck looks amazing. Especially that interior!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Congrats, the X looks amazing, cant complain on what you have done so far. Keep it up!

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Congrats. Sure is well deserved you have a very nice truck!

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Thanks everyone I really appreciate it. It was awesome to find out I got picked for TROTM

dramad1

Reaction score
Congrats to you. Very nice X, looks full of many hours of hard work to make it your own! Fvck yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom