Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DEI 508D Installation

HiTek21

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how this dual zone proximity detector installs to my clifford 50.5x, but the instructions are very vague...

Do I cut the green and blue wire off the harness from the 508D and tie them together, then cut the green wire from the brain to the shock sensor and wire it to the 508D from the brain?

Then splice the remaining green wire from the shock sensor and tap it back to the blue wire on the shock sensor?

Heres a lousy diagram of what I think needs to be done... I'm probably wrong though.
508dinstall.jpg

Shook you are the man :adore:

So I can just use a wire tap on the green wire from the shock sensor, splice the blue & green wire from my 508D together and plug it to the green wire?

Last question, where is the best place to get a 12v constant for this sensor.

Last edited:

shook

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how this dual zone proximity detector installs to my clifford 50.5x, but the instructions are very vague...

Do I cut the green and blue wire off the harness from the 508D and tie them together, then cut the green wire from the brain to the shock sensor and wire it to the 508D from the brain?

Then splice the remaining green wire from the shock sensor and tap it back to the blue wire on the shock sensor?

Heres a lousy diagram of what I think needs to be done... I'm probably wrong though.
508dinstall.jpg

I think you should be able to just tap into the Green and Blue wire and share it with the shock sensor, Green is stage1 warn and Blue is stage 2 alarm trigger. If you wire it up where both sensors share the wires then youll have a warn tone and a alarm trigger tone for both sensors, the proximity will warn someone if theyre getting too close and it will also trigger the alarm if they reach in if for some reason you have your windows down. Youll also have both warn tone and alarm trigger for the shock sensor, if someone causes a slight impact itll warn (rock,ball,exhaust or someones stereo) but if someone causes a hard enough impact to the car (big rock,big ball,really loud exhaust of really loud stereo) it would trigger the alarm.

If you want the proximity sensor to warn people when they get too close and have the shock sensor to set the alarm off only when they touch or cause an impact to the car then you can wire both the Green and Blue from the proximity sensor to the Green on the alarm then wire both the Green and Blue from the shock sensor to the Blue coming from the alarm, that way the proximity sensor will set the warn tone (stage1) when someone gets too close and if they impact the car the shock sensor will trigger the alarm (stage2).

You can get 12v and ground from the same place your alarm is getting them from

HiTek21

Reaction score
I got underneath my dash and I found there is no green wire on the shock sensor. Its Black, Red, Blue, and Orange. The Blue is looping around into itself and it says the blue is the warn away the orange is the trigger wire. Can I just tap the blue wire? i'm lost

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Tap the main trigger wire into the trigger lead going into the brain, tap the warn away trigger into the warn away trigger lead.

FNMFER

Reaction score
sorry to bring this back from the dead but does the 508d plug straight into the Matrix 1X?....i dont want to get in over my head and get crazy with splicing wires...

Top Bottom