Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DEI/Clifford Alarm Install Questions/Wiring

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm making sure i have a full day to get it done.

It's an 06 xB with no chip in the key stuff.

here is a wiring chart:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~59369

Again make sure you probe/test every wire before you cut into it with a multimeter (not a test light).

Its not as hard as everyone makes it out to be, if you have any kind of basic electronics aptitude and common sense you can do the install.

Solder it all!

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
I was thinkin about installing a viper remote start alarm myself, but after seeing all the fail points (places a tap/splice could go wrong) i don't think i want to anymore...

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I was thinkin about installing a viper remote start alarm myself, but after seeing all the fail points (places a tap/splice could go wrong) i don't think i want to anymore...

That's why you solder it all :smile:
I was the jack@$$ that paid all that money to get mine installed and ended up ripping it out and resoldering everything myself anyway :rolleyez:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
No one takes better care of your stuff then you do, most of the people in the install bay at your local stores are incompetent, do a half ass job, don't care, or all of the above.

You will pay out the ass for a true quality and real professional skill level install, if you can even find someone to do one.

Better to do it yourself then have some teenager do it for you.

A good & clean alarm install will take a minimum of 6-8 hours, I can guarantee your local circuit city doesn't spend that much time on your car.

If you want the brain of your alarm ziptied underneath the dash within arms reach, scotch locked connections, and other nonsense you pay bestbuy to do it. lol

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
No one takes better care of your stuff then you do, most of the people in the install bay at your local stores are incompetent, do a half ass job, don't care, or all of the above.

You will pay out the ass for a true quality and professional level install.

Anything else is sub-par teenagers working on your baby.

^x2...:top:

You took the words right out of my mouth...:biggrin:

Talerra

Reaction score
ahhhhh its all so confusing and i wanted to do this, this weekend? am i in over my head

Mrs. Stevenredx

"I Hit Things"
Reaction score
What a long day. Just wanted to thank my honey for all his hard work today. He is done with the alarm, it went better than I thought it would. I must say it is AWESOME. Thanks again honey you did a great job. :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I sent him the wiring spec on the IGN 1 & 2 wires.

Thanks for the help today :top:

Took me a little over 9 hours. Soldered and shrink wrapped all connections and tucked/ran wire with all factory harnesses. Good luck to on removing this damn thing... lol

Only issue to figure out now is why you have to keep pressing the unlock button 4+ times to unlock all the doors. I'm pretty sure i read you can change the pulse timing and stuff but I called it day for now. Maybe I'll play around with some of the feature settings tomorrow.

Thanks again to all of you that helped me out. :top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Thanks for the help today :top:

Took me a little over 9 hours. Soldered and shrink wrapped all connections and tucked/ran wire with all factory harnesses. Good luck to on removing this damn thing... lol

Only issue to figure out now is why you have to keep pressing the unlock button 4+ times to unlock all the doors. I'm pretty sure i read you can change the pulse timing and stuff but I called it day for now. Maybe I'll play around with some of the feature settings tomorrow.

Thanks again to all of you that helped me out. :top:

You are correct, you need to change the pulse setting, you can do this via programming it with the valet switch and the chart in your manual.

Top Bottom