Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

disable factory keyless entry?

MillsXR

Reaction score
well, i have a viper 5902 alarm on my truck and just the other day i found one of the remotes that came with the truck and i pressed unlock and lock and it just so happened my truck unlocked and locked... and i was like hmmm wth! lol. Is there someway to disable this so my truck just runs on the viper alarm only? OR do i need to keep this functional?

when i bought the truck, i chose not to have the factory alarm installed if that affects anything...

X-roller

Reaction score
try opening the door....pretty sure your alarm will go off.... in some cases the factory remote just gets bypassed and isn't actually disabled.

MillsXR

Reaction score
I'll give it a try when I get a chance. I'll let you know how it goes! Haha

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
It doesn't have to be bypassed....

most installers take the factory transponder, hit unlock, and that's the end of it lol.

justin13703

Reaction score
Your alarm will still go off if you arm the viper alarm then unlock it with your factory remote and open the door. I did this a couple times with the viper I used to have.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
The stock keyless is part of the body ecm. Just leave it alone and hide the remotes away. No need to disable it

STONER-X

Reaction score
no need to mess with it... leave it be for less headaches my last car had the factory one hooked up never once gad a problem

MillsXR

Reaction score
Ohhh alright I'll just leave it alone.
Thanks guys for all your help!

Top Bottom