Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do Aftermarket speakers really sound that much better than stock?

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
amplifing aftermarket speakers is a MUST! running them off of your headunit is stupid. that's where you're going wrong, you need more power. don't have to go crazy with a super good one. those pioneer speakers aren't that crazy, so just get a decent 4 channel amp and you should be fine. ebay is your friend here. :top:

and as for where to put it, under the other seat...

boneman840

Reaction score
amplifing aftermarket speakers is a MUST! running them off of your headunit is stupid. that's where you're going wrong, you need more power. don't have to go crazy with a super good one. those pioneer speakers aren't that crazy, so just get a decent 4 channel amp and you should be fine. ebay is your friend here. :top:

and as for where to put it, under the other seat...

X2 :top: If you pop your stock speakers off sometimes you will find that the wattage is on the back.It is usually a small wattage speaker usually less than 20 w.Same with stock HU low wattage but they are matched so it sounds decent for the normal person.When you start adding aftermarket speakers and HU's you must match the wattage as close as possible.This usually means as stated above that you have to get an amp to keep up with the speakers higher wattage. Also it is def better to have more power than not enough.You can do more damage to your components by try to push too low of wattage to higher wattage speakers than you do pushing higher wattage to lower wattage speakers.

Last edited:

Tunedx

Reaction score
In most cases, yes. Even with a stock head unit, the sound quality is going to be better. I would considering putting an aftermarket HU as this will surely give you better sound. Of course, the more you spend, the better quality you will get (most of the time). I have an Alpine HU with Pioneer 3 way componet speakers. My sound quality is so much better than what I had in the past.

If you do consider a sub, go with the subx closer. I think this is the best set up for saving space and still being able to use your back seats.

Only think with changing the speakers is the more power and the better quality speakers you get the more chance you have for noises from vibration. That of course can be adjusted if needed, but dinomat may be something to look into.

I agree There's nothing worse then a good system with rattling. My stock setup even has issues. I really have to invest in some sound deadening. That would be my first thing on my list to a better system.

rich017

Reaction score
I agree There's nothing worse then a good system with rattling. My stock setup even has issues. I really have to invest in some sound deadening. That would be my first thing on my list to a better system.

Some double stick tape behind the sliders for the tops of the seat belts helps a lot!!! Put the tape in spots so that the plastic cant rattle. Test it and if you still have some rattles, find where it is coming from and put some more double stick tape on there.

SHAX, IMO, just sppend $400 and order some B.A. Alpine components or something

wshsbears

Reaction score
a good set of aftermarket speaker can be 100/set (set = 2 or front set/rear set) u don't have to get components, but they do sound better.

as for an amp, get one that'll run 100W RMS to each of 4 channels. if you're running tweeters with coaxial speakers to make it a component type set-up, you may want to get an amp with more power. my components are 90W RMS and sound excellent powered by my eclipse EA4000 amp

X-Band

Reaction score
I plan to run alpine type S componants in the front and type R 6 1/2's in the rear. Had alpine in my last 6 vehicles and always loved them. Stock system loses it punch when u turn the volume up IMO.

HiFi-08XR

Reaction score
mines is aftermarket speakers
im runnin the MB QUARTS front and rear
4 channel amp
bought the speakers up when i was in cali several months ago $250
sounds really good crystal clear.

i heard that if you amp out the speakers sounds good also

xr_sky1ine3

Reaction score
pioneer avic d3 headunit
DLS C6A Components fronts
2 Rockford mono amps
Diesel 12" sub. gonna go with the subx for the08
SOUNDS Killer!! way better than the stock.

Top Bottom