Do you feel the X-Runner's are quick?

Discussion in 'Polls & Surveys' started by 07XR808, Mar 21, 2007.

?

Do you feel the X-Runner's are quick?

1. Yes

72.0%
  2. No

28.0%
  1. 07XR808

07XR808 New Member

Answer honestly

2. MORT-RUNNER

MORT-RUNNER Active Member

Honestly...no. I think they could be faster. I also think that the sixth gear is pointless. For people running stock engines...it just limits your speed...not let you go faster. Now!...I would say yes is I had a TRD S/C in it! :biggrin:

3. 07xrunner

07xrunner Active Member

no but it makes up for it in looks and handling

4. nxrunner

nxrunner New Member

yeah what he said.

5. rpmspeedyblue

rpmspeedyblue New Member

Yes, in the sense of getting around town, especially merging into traffic. I agree with Mort-Runner about the 6th gear- useless. I seldom use it. Toyota definitally needs to have a better gear ratio for the tranny

6. GSX-Runner

GSX-Runner New Member

Compared to what? If you need a truck to pull/haul stuff while looking good and having fun doing it, I believe the X-Runner is the best . I needed a truck, I love Toyota and the X is sexy as hell, the choice was obvious.:top:

7. WisconsinX

WisconsinX New Member

It's not a race car. It's a truck. I hauled my motorcycle in the back to Vegas and I still had speed and plenty of power. Truth is it does'nt matter what you get you always want it faster. But I do agree 6th gear is a joke.

8. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

Its not smoking fast, nor is it a turd.... i traded in my old sports car because i felt i was getting a deal with a truck and a sports car in one:biggrin:

9. fbjxr

fbjxr New Member

my thoughts exactly

10. MXXN

MXXN New Member

I think the truck is quick....not FAST. For 20K it gets around better then many trucks costing 30K plus. If you look at the other "sports trucks" in the same range and compare apples to apples then its boogies just fine.

I would like to see a taller 1st gear or a red line to 6.5K and a sixth gear built for better gas milage when your pounding pavement for hours at 80mph. My pushrod 4.8 Vortex revs to the same RPMs and gets the same or better milage ????

If you want car quick then trade it in on a car...if that is the case then your probably not really a truck person anyway.

I smile everytime I see it sitting in my garage or an open parking lot not to mention thru every curve.

11. Troskey

Troskey New Member

i think it's pretty quick...seein that i drove a '98 s-10 for so long...but as the others said...the looks and handles make up for the lack of anything this truck may have...

12. CBRBob

CBRBob Active Member

Is it fast? For a n/a V6 pickup that handles well, hell yes! It's an all around package guys. 0-60 in 7sec....what do you want for $21K?

13. Bobby B

Bobby B New Member

I agree, altought I think they could have included the ashtray. Not that I smoke but they include a lighter. Plus anybody else use their ashtray for spare change?

14. 07xrunner

07xrunner Active Member

21k? lol i wish i could have got mine for that

15. 07xrunner

07xrunner Active Member

ashtray would have been nice for change but my rx7 didnt even have cup holders but it had an ashtray ...but now i have like 9 cupholders sooo....it evens out i guess lol

16. Stevenredx

Stevenredx New Member

yeah... there is a crap load of cupholders :laugh:

Not real sure why there is so many :hmmmm2:

17. X-Rizzo

X-Rizzo New Member

My thoughts exactly. I went from driving a 2000 Tacoma that was lifted and has a lot of extra weight from my audio system, to the X. From what I can tell, this truck has gobs of torque. I also didn't buy it because I was hoping it would be fast, it's just a sexy a$$ truck.:rock:

18. K2

K2 Administrator
    Staff Member

I use that little compartment on the left of the steering wheel below the fog light button for spare change. :top: And we all know that the lighter is just used for DC power anyway. They didn't want anyone to try to smoke while driving a manual through twisties.:ahhhhh: :driver:

19. xtoplinex

xtoplinex New Member

Well I had a 88 2.8 v6 gmc (SLOWEST)...and a chevy colorado i5 (NOT FAST ENOUGH), and I've driven my moms old 2001 SVT mustang (PRETTY DAMN QUICK) ...and the X-Runner is pretty quick...But not as quick as an svt of that year (basically a gt with exaust...not supercharged)

20. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

no, they are not IMO.

they are respectable for a truck, but, being it was marketed as a sport truck, its slow.