Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Do you warm-up your truck?

Do you warm-up your truck/car?

• Yes

Votes: 193 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 64 23.0%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 21 7.6%

• Total voters

Can XR

Reaction score
Right now where I live I don't have a choice I have to let it warm up.

smftexas86

Reaction score
My truck gets warmed up for how ever long it takes me to get situated. I start the truck up when i first get in, then i put seat belt on, scrape ice etc.

also live in an apartment so i am driving really slow for the first minute or two anyways until i leave the complex.

SooRunner

Reaction score
I've heard you probably need to warm up your truck for 1 min then you can take off...

For those who do not warm up their car....do you see your fuel go down more often?

For some reason, when i pump from 76 gas station, the fuel burn fast. I only get about 220 to the tank. I now pump Chevron. :D

uno808

Reaction score
I've heard you probably need to warm up your truck for 1 min then you can take off...

For those who do not warm up their car....do you see your fuel go down more often?

For some reason, when i pump from 76 gas station, the fuel burn fast. I only get about 220 to the tank. I now pump Chevron. :D

ur car is using more fuel wen ur on a cold start/run

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
The engine warms up faster and gets to closed loop from being driven and having a load then sitting at idle. Let it build up oil pressure and drive it. Just let it warm up while your on the move saves more fuel in the long.

justin13703

Reaction score
As long as you don't beat on it when it's cold, driving it when it's cold won't hurt anything.

Now my 97 cherokee with the straight 6, I let that warm up a little before I drive it cause if I don't it piston slaps like a sumbitch

Phantom X

Reaction score
Oh yeah I always warm them up. Unless I'm running late for work

FireB

Reaction score
When the weather is in the teens, I let it warm up for about 1 min.
Then I drive away slowly.

At those temp, my truck has problems with sluggish clutch pedal as well as slightly harder steering.
Just figure do everything gently for first couple of min, keep the Highway speed under 60mph and kinda stroll under 2,000 rpm.

Then when the coolant temp is about 1/4 up, I just drive regular but still not beat on it.
But that's about the time my heater is turned on as well.

I don't even know why I am explaining all this but I guess I'm bored at work.

12trdtacoma

Reaction score
I always like to let it warm up a little especially when its in single digits . Even in te summer i like to let it run long enough to start reading on the temp gauge

FLJJ24

Reaction score
When I was younger my dad always told me to warm my truck up. But for some reason I don't, guess I'm to busy.

Outburst

Reaction score
I let the wideband warm up. once its all warm, i take off

oscarplatero93

Reaction score
I warm mine up first thing in the morning. Cause i notice if i dont warm it up first gear wont go in if i dont warm it up. It does sometimes but idk if the cold weather can cause it.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I've been warming it up longer then usual mostly because I'm trying to get Pandora to start working before I drive off.

AryaHmmr

Reaction score
I warm up my truck. If I have time I let it completely warm up, if not, a few minutes will suffice.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
I warm it up but it sits in the garage at night which is relatively warm. So I crank it a few minutes before I leave the house and it's already in the middle of the gauge.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
I fire it in the morning, and spend a couple minutes getting situated for work and plugging my first appt into Google maps. I live on an arterial road and the UCON gets a little cranky sometimes if I try to pull out into traffic with a cold motor.

Top Bottom