Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drag Race season

kwigs160966

Reaction score
You can pick up a pair of wheels for around 100$ and the slicks around 500$ I only made 5 passes on my slicks before I blew the motor aga N but they make a huge difference. They will be more consistent and easier to launch with. You can see in the one video I just melted my tires off

Reaction score
You can pick up a pair of wheels for around 100$ and the slicks around 500$ I only made 5 passes on my slicks before I blew the motor aga N but they make a huge difference. They will be more consistent and easier to launch with. You can see in the one video I just melted my tires off

Will look into it during summer. Do I need 4 slicks or 2?

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Racing is hard on any engine. I have been through two 1gr's and am now almost done my ls2 swap. The wheel spin wouldn't cause the motor to give out nescesarily it just happens over time. I was boosted and pushed the limits of the engine. You are 4x4 is that right?? If so you will have better luck traction wise than 2wd

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The rods put some vent holes into the block.

Reaction score
How do you prevent that? I don't have an overdoes of power goin into my motor

Your engine is stock so don't worry about it. Keep up on your maintenance and don't constantly abuse it and you will be fine. Eventually parts wear down and you will have a failure at some point but it will not be as quickly as running a ton of power on stock internals.

Reaction score
Your engine is stock so don't worry about it. Keep up on your maintenance and don't constantly abuse it and you will be fine. Eventually parts wear down and you will have a failure at some point but it will not be as quickly as running a ton of power on stock internals.

I like to think I do all my maintenance, so that takes care of that

Top Bottom