Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drag slicks!

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
After a disappointing time at the drag strip where I was just spinning and got terrible times it is now time for some slicks. Just wondering what sizes everyone runs. What's the closet to stock tire diameter. I may buy some to fit on my spare oem wheels but will most likely end with some smaller steel wheels so they will be cheaper. Let me know what works for you guys!

shane881510

Reaction score
27" by 10.5 with 16" steel wheel. Works good. 27" is same oem tire size.

madtrucker

Reaction score
I can't get my tires to hook up either. They just spin.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I can't get my tires to hook up either. They just spin.

A summer performance tire would really help you out, something nice and sticky! Your all season tires will not help at all in performance traction :thumbdown:

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
14.4 at 104 mph 60' times were like 2.4 to 2.6. That's why I need the slicks lol
Had to peddle it all the way through first and second no traction at all. Was even spinning going into third. The track wasn't prepped very well either so that didn't help as well.

giox

Reaction score
yours is supervharged right.. really here in tucson az. it looks like they prep it pretty good.. alot of traction here

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Urd mk2 stage 1. With the c38-71 blower. Saving my pennies to upgrade the blower. Have a stage 2 pulley ready to go in b4 I go to the strip next

giox

Reaction score
my next thing is urd traction bar.. and then when i have money trd supercharger.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You've got a good trap speed. Those slicks will definitely get that time down. Should make for quick pass.

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Urd mk2 stage 1. With the c38-71 blower. Saving my pennies to upgrade the blower. Have a stage 2 pulley ready to go in b4 I go to the strip next

My best is 13.9 m/t et streets is what I have ordered but won't be trying them out until the spring. I'm also looking into a new diff since only one tire seems to spin.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
My best is 13.9 m/t et streets is what I have ordered but won't be trying them out until the spring. I'm also looking into a new diff since only one tire seems to spin.

I only got 5 runs in that night as well my fastest was my last. Was getting faster every pass. But still spinning so slicks are for sure needed. My diff seems to be holding up (for now lol) tru trac is on the list just not yet gf will kill me lol. Sold her on the slicks cause it will save my street tires from being worn out. Lol

Top Bottom