Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drift day at Willow Springs

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol. They over bore our engines? Seemslegit.jpg

A .5 mm is standard "over bore" when rebuilding a block, it ensures the cylinder will be remachined into round instead of being oval... I did this to be on the safe side with my new pistons, went with a 94.5mm instead of the stock 94mm.

Last thing i wanted is to go through the build and not have the pistons seal the cylinder properly.

Now with our open deck it was really making me think hard about sleeving it since some get cylinder wobble already but at this point i can't afford the sleeves so we shall see how well it does!

picaCulo

Reaction score
Wow that really sucks man , hopefully you can get it up and running soon

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
A .5 mm is standard "over bore" when rebuilding a block, it ensures the cylinder will be remachined into round instead of being oval... I did this to be on the safe side with my new pistons, went with a 94.5mm instead of the stock 94mm.

Last thing i wanted is to go through the build and not have the pistons seal the cylinder properly.

Now with our open deck it was really making me think hard about sleeving it since some get cylinder wobble already but at this point i can't afford the sleeves so we shall see how well it does!

Im 99% sure your not supposed to over bore our engines due to the cast iron sleeves not being thick enough...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. LCE has actually over bored .020" more than factory. Even at the time when I first built my engine. They have done that on a large number of engines.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
^^ yes twenty over is the common term for doing it, torspd was your original engine overbored?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. Only the second built engine. From 3.701" to 3.708" to allow expansion room for the 3.704" pistons.

Top Bottom