Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drift Day

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
SCCA, LA chapter BMW club is holding an advanced drivers training day on May 1st. I know, this is really late posting...but i figured i would get it out there.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index..../uidEvent/AFC4DEE4-D681-4D6D-89802586D9D122BF

I am planning on attending, assuming nothing happens to my XR, any time in the near future...:top:

I completely forgot about posting this link sooner, but to be honest, i forgot about it until i got a reminder email today, to pay...:laugh:

So yah, ill be drifting there. Doing what ever they allow me to do, within the realm of reason. :blurock:So come out and check it out if your bored or see about registering. Might be full...not sure on that one:ahhhhh:

Assuming i find someone to go with me, there will be footage of this. :top:

Grumpy

Reaction score
$50 to run . . . am I reading this right?
How much to attend/watch and not run?

Grumpy

Reaction score
Want to go to watch / learn . . . but truck is not "ready" yet. May be I can work the camera.
Are you allow to ride along?

Edit: Its call Auto Club Speedway now but is it formerly known as California Speedway?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Want to go to watch / learn . . . but truck is not "ready" yet. May be I can work the camera.
Are you allow to ride along?

Edit: Its call Auto Club Speedway now but is it formerly known as California Speedway?

Waiting to here back from the guy on both ?'s.

Its autoclub speedway.. Its other nickname is Fontana Speedway...I think it used to be called California speedway...All these venues and stadiums keep changing names depending on who's the highest bidder:dontknow:

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
hey, fontana is 20 min away. let me see if some of the local guys are willing to go

can you find out how much it is?

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Spectators are free...and ride a longs are permitted (need helmet), but only with the instructors...which firggen sucks:thumpdown:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Blast you all for being so far away.............

Grumpy

Reaction score
Windy day + vid shot from a phone = crappy audio . . . but you get the idea.
Showing some of these BMW guys how its done!:rockon:

[youtube]ZeMHcO_SKw0[/youtube]

If someone feel like editing, send me a pm for original file. Got a few clips you can put together.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Ive got some more on my phone. Destroyed a set of Nexans and my ventus V12. 6 hours of dicking around for 50 bucks. cant argue with that :blurock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5jQsoJiDwE

Those Nexan's last Hurrah...

Check out my Build thread for more info on my truck, techniques, thoughts, ideas, comments...etc

Last edited:

silverbullet

Reaction score
nice. F some 240s up! You going to look into some steering angle mods eventually? It would be wild to see a Taco pull some serious angle.

Celiblue

Reaction score
What rear differentials are you using? I think my truck would have been doing donuts with only one tire spinning. I need to get that fixed

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
What rear differentials are you using? I think my truck would have been doing donuts with only one tire spinning. I need to get that fixed

Check my first mod....Miller locker. Better known as welded diff.

Top Bottom