Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dyno Day at the Drift Office with PSTOC

mrguy33391

Reaction score
On this last Wednesday Matt BlueBlazeRacer told me the PSTOC was having a dyno day at the Drift Office in Auburn. $60 bucks for three pulls on the dynojet. I don't know if that is a good price or what, but I thought it was cheap. My brother and I met Matt and all of the rest of the guys from the Toyota Club around 11:30 Saturday morning. There were some pretty sweet older Corollas, a couple sc 400's, one supra, a couple of pickups and a few other cars mixed in. BlueBlazeRacer was the only other X there. They did 2 4th gear pulls and one fifth gear pull. I'm rolling around with a Trd cai, URD 3" exhaust, FJ dtlt's, and a stock tuned maf cal. I feel like I'm running really rich so I ordered a afr gauge from Gadget on Wednesday and started the install on Friday night. I was trying to get it all set up so I could tune the truck before I put it on the dyno. That was fail sauce, because the welder I was gonna use at my Buddy's house was being loaned out. Anyway, I put the truck on the dyno untuned. All you experts are gonna have to tell me what you think about my numbers with my mods. According to the dudes doing the dyno and the reading my afr's supposedly weren't too rich. It shows my afr's on the bottom of my dyno sheet. First 2 pulls were in 4th and last in 5th. Are those the gears they should have made the pulls in ??:rock:
scan0007.jpg

blueblazeracer

Reaction score
Yep here are my sheets as well. Im blown away at the torque outputs, damn near 300 in Seans truck for NA! Mods on my XR at this time is only URD intake and URD 3" exhast. The lower HP dyno chart is for my 99 2rz tacoma with AEM intake and magnaflow single in dual out exhaust.

xrdyno.jpg

oldtruckdyno.jpg

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
good looking numbers, post up new numbers when you get the tune right

mrguy33391

Reaction score
So what do the experts think about my afr's? My last tank of gas was 11.9mpg!!

butters607

Reaction score
So what do the experts think about my afr's? My last tank of gas was 11.9mpg!!

I woud say it looks ok you have to remember you have added mods and if you have a lead foot prolly wanna change that with the new high gas prices 11.9 does not seem right check it again if it comes out the same check for leaks lol

mrguy33391

Reaction score
I finally got the afr gauge fully installed today. My afr at idle is 14.5. I did I few short logs stepping on it in 1st and then 2nd gear. I'm not sure if these afr's are good or an accurate log. This is also with a different tune I got from Gadget after I did the dyno. He sent my a tune just for the trd intake. It seems to have opened a quicker throttle response from the beginning to end in the rpm band. The tune before had a late jump at about 4500rpm. In my log it looks like first gear went as low as 10.64. In second gear the afr went as low as 11.04. If someone wants to let me know whats up or how to do a good log when it is dry, that would be great. I want to get my log pic up on xru, but I don't know how. It is using logworks3.0 from the innovate mtx-l.

And I did get my 30k maintenance done by Toyota on Wednesday. They forgot to put in new plugs until I asked to make sure when I was checking out. They took it back in the bay and put them in. Truck is running and shifting smooth. I had them put in synthetic oil too. This is only the second time it has been in there. The first time was only for a quick 1500-2k spurt. The gas mileage is already looking alot better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom