E-Fan Mod

Discussion in 'N/A Mods & Tuning' started by X'ED, Nov 22, 2008.

1. X'ED

X'ED New Member

Well ive been reading ketchups write-up on this http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=18133 and was wondering would this void any warry's from toyota? and also what is a good fan, meaning, like what car, truck...ect is a good fit for the x.? one more thing, what are the upsides to doing this mod?

thanks, and nice write-up ketchup.

2. KETCHUP

KETCHUP Active Member

Don't know about warranty?? Ive done so much to my truck.....I would imagine that mine is gone. I would call Toyota. I'm sure someone will chime in on this one.

You can select almost any dual fan. Mine was off a Nissan Sentra I believe. It really wasn't hard to do. The small advantage that you will see is less lag on the engine during a RPM cycle. It revs faster.

The only thing I have done since the write up is install a kill switch (interrupter) so that I can shut the fan off when Im just sitting with the engine off. If you have any other questions, let me know.

3. X'ED

X'ED New Member

thanks, the "kill" switch, you shouldnt need that if you have a adjst. thermostat or would you?

4. KETCHUP

KETCHUP Active Member

I bought that kit you see in the write up, but the thermostat was bad. Never took it back. Just ended up wiring it on a accessory wire, so it comes on when the key is over. I need to just buy a kit, take the thermostat out and send the messed up on back....just haven't.

5. X'ED

X'ED New Member

got it, thanks man

6. Organic Mechanic

Organic Mechanic New Member

7. X'ED

X'ED New Member

sweet, looks likt it will move some air.. cant wait to see the price tag on it... 200.. 275 maybe

its nice thats its a "bolt" on to

8. KETCHUP

KETCHUP Active Member

Very nice. My getto fan only cost me 40 bucks at a junk yard....:biggrin:

9. X'ED

X'ED New Member

i think i might go getto too.... cause that dont come out till jan. 09 and theres no telling the cost of it

10. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 "Catwoman"

i wanted a dual but i think i'll be getting this setup after the holidays...:top:

11. quicky06

quicky06 New Member

sammit seeing that dan setup makes me hope i dont get the fans i asked for for christmans lol. ill just have to return them and get that.

12. X'ED

X'ED New Member

yup thats why i think i going to copy ketchup's....or buy a dual flex-a-lite fan that will fit

13. X_RUNNIN

X_RUNNIN New Member

hey ketchup...whats the specs on ur fans? if you know them like the total length, fan diameter, width, depth, and cfm

14. My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Active Member

thats pretty sweet.

i had bad luck with the perma-cool fan

i like this bolt on fan

Justin

15. KETCHUP

KETCHUP Active Member

I would get them for you, but my truck is still in the paint shop.....:motz:

Before I bought it, I just measured the radiator with the fan scroud off. Then used that measurement as a guide. I really think that an dual fan will work though, when you consider that our stock fan is single and still manages to keep the engine cool. I haven't had any cooling problems.

16. X'ED

X'ED New Member

Attached Files:

17. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 "Catwoman"

i don't think those would fit unless you made some custom mounts. but i think those would be BA...:top:

these are the Dual EF that i wanted from Flex-A-Lite...:biggrin:

NEW 27" Electric Fan (dual 13.5")
    Part #292, 295 & 298 - Puller Only

This is our newest fan, designed to fit mid-size domestic cars, trucks and SUVs.
    These 27” electric fans are configured to maximize the radiator coverage on these vehicles while providing the largest air-moving capacity possible. Includes universal mounting brackets to position
    the fan without penetrating the radiator core.

Features:

• Powerful twin 13.5" fans in a compact package
    • One piece glass-reinforced nylon shroud with full contact rubber seal
    • Built in variable speed control module with adjustable thermostat, A/C relay and manual switch connection
    • Variable speed control operates the fan from 60% - 100%
    • Airflow flaps allow maximum ram air cooling while fan is not operating
    • Cooler A/C output
    [​IMG]

OR...

TECH SPECS
    # 225 (BLACK ONLY)
    BLADE DIAMETER​
    2 @ 12"​
    FAN DIMENSIONS​
    15 1/2" X 26 1/4" X 2 5/8" THICK​
    AMP DRAW​
    19.5​
    FAN R.P.M.@13.5VDC​
    2000​
    NUMBER OF BLADES​
    2 @ 10​
    FAN BLADE ANGLE​
    18 - 40​

made for Toyota Supra...slim design that way if you want to get a Turbo Setup you have room for piping and Intercooler...:biggrin:

[​IMG]

18. KETCHUP

KETCHUP Active Member

One thing to keep in mind when doing this mod is the overflow reservoir for the radiator. The stock one is attached to the fan shroud. I couldn't get it to come out. I just bought a universal one and attached it on the left side of the engine compartment near the air box. Just FYI.

Also, if you use a fan from a junk yard, you will likely have to make your own fan mounts....as I did. I used some sheet metal brackets that I purchased from Home Depot (in the lumber section).​

[​IMG]

19. My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Active Member

are you not using the factory shroud anymore?

Justin

20. T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 "Catwoman"

thanks for the information bro. I was also wondering how big of a remote overflor reservoir do you need for the radiator...and where and how much do they cost...:hmmmm2: