eBay stainless Ex.Manifold/Y-Pipe combo

Discussion in 'Found on Ebay' started by heylookatthatblackXRunner, Jun 12, 2013.

1. heylookatthatblackXRunner

2. butters607

butters607 Active Member

Did you see the wraf location?!

3. hottacoX

hottacoX Moderator
    Staff Member

It's in the collector of the header...

I wouldn't pick this up, buy real long tubes, I bet it would rust out within a year

4. 1GRracer

1GRracer "Pete"

Having it coated by a shop like polydyn would help in that respect, but that also depends on the quality on the stainless. However my concern would be in the fitment. On several cars i worked on with the ebay stuff the fitment was way off. But still its cool that they made the extension with the flange on the shortie header.

5. shane881510

shane881510 Active Member

Go check out the obx -r long tubes and y pipe. on eBay. They look nice.

6. xrunnerjoe89

xrunnerjoe89 New Member

Says T304 stainless steel, isn't that good steel for an exhaust? I looked at some of the reviews of other stuff this ebay seller sells and it seems he has good reviews and works with you if you have an issue. Didn't see any reviews for this exhaust system, but ones for other cars and trucks seemed to be positive and happy with fitment. Though the only way to find out if these are good is to try them out and dyno before and after.
    Though best bet to be safe is probably to stick with the headers and y-pipes we know that work. Doug Thorley and URD FTW!

7. 05xrunnerx

05xrunnerx New Member

You do get what you pay for.

8. TommyXrunner

TommyXrunner New Member

hey at that price i'm sure someone will try them. might be a great buy.....might not....

9. heylookatthatblackXRunner

I was in interested in this mainly for the y-pipe because I wanted to maybe try and weld in some resonators to it in an attempt to gain more rumble and tone out of the exhaust instead of the rasp, but I didn't want to chop up a perfectly good URD y-pipe as a test dummy.

Too bad they used a different flange/gasket that won't bolt up to the oem/Dough Thorley/URD units and I'm not willing to buy this system to cut and weld flanges that will mate up with my DTLTs.

I think my exhaust is too loud the way it is right now with the DTLT, stock y-pipe with resonators in place of the cats, and stock exhaust with magnaflow race muffler.

I think a URD pipe with mufflers on each runner and two mufflers on the exhaust might help, but I won't know until I try it...

10. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

Try this. Put a larger muffler in place of the Magnaflow Race muffler. That is where the problem is.

11. TommyXrunner

TommyXrunner New Member

this ^^^ throw a big (18" to 24" oval) muffler on. problem solved!