Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Factory speaker wiring help

justin13703

Reaction score
So I got a set of Infinity Kappa 6x9 3 ways for the front and 6.5 3 ways for the back. My question is, I have a set of polk audio tweeters I want to use in the factory tweeter location in the front. How is the signal split between the tweeter and 6x9? Is it full range to the 6x9 with a bass blocker inline with the tweeter? Or is there some sort of crossover somewhere that sends only lows to the 6x9 and highs to the tweeter? Im hoping the 6x9 has full range sound going to it bacuase I want highs out of my new 3 ways AND my tweeters. Thanks to anyone who isnt completely confused yet.

butters607

Reaction score
Our mid ranges have there own connection you could replace those with tweeters

burnboy

Reaction score
Its a pass through design. It travels through the tweeter to the 6x9. Without it plugged into the tweeter the 6x9 dosent play

I guess you could t off the wire and bass blocker before the tweeter and the same circuit before the bass blocker to the woofer

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Really? That's a weird design. So it is possible to Get full range out of the 6x9's and still use tweeters?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it was the other way around. The Tweet coming off the 6x9. But again I built my system close to 3 years ago now, it's been a while since I've been in those doors.

justin13703

Reaction score
Since it goes through the tweeter first, how are lows blocked from the tweeter but are there at the woofer?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ok so I looked at it today and figured it out. It sends full range to the tweeters, which have a bass blocker on them, then from the tweeter to the 6x9 so it's still highs and lows. So I'm gonna run the factory wires to the new 6x9, and splice off that to the crossover, and use it for the tweeter. I might post pics when I'm done how I did it, but that won't be till next week. Thanks guys for the tips and the diagram, it helped me figure out what was going on in there.

Top Bottom