Factory speakers blown - Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Speakers / Subwoofers / Enclosures' started by jmoore120, Feb 26, 2010.

1. jmoore120

jmoore120 Active Member

Ok so my front passenger side factory speakers crapped out on me and im pretty sure that the rear drivers side speakers are on their way out also. I dont want to spend 200-300 for one pair of speakers so what about something like these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Category=14936&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2

Also, cant I replace the factory 6x9's with those also? I have to buy two sets of speakers and want to keep it around 300-350 max for both sets. Thanks.

2. TreTuna

TreTuna New Member

JL's are great... Personally my favorite.

As for replacing the 6x9's with those, I wouldn't do it. You're going to have problems lining up the mounting holes and you could damage the speakers with the open ends that will be left on the sides. Speakers need that air compression behind them to work at their potential. You'd be much better off grabbing a pair of 6x9s.

3. shaggy08xr

shaggy08xr Active Member

JL are definently a good choice but as Tre said they're not going to sound right if you put those in there. Your best bet is to replace with the correct sizes, if your wanting to save money then sony makes some decent speakers and there not retarded expensive. Just a thought

4. trd_sport

trd_sport Active Member

alot of people have put 6.5s in the front....hell I put 6.5s and faded the rears out and it soiunds 100x better than stock.

5. MORT-RUNNER

MORT-RUNNER Active Member

6. dj_lucas840

dj_lucas840 Active Member

I just got the addapters u can find on ebay or the custom taco site put 6.5 in front and 6x9 in rear I didn't go the way a lot of people went I just bought some walmart 3-ways for all them and they sounded great with stock HU! The sony's they have sound great!

7. butters607

butters607 Active Member

pioneer 4 ways they are cheap and sound great! and if you go to best buy extended warranty they blow free ones

8. jmoore120

jmoore120 Active Member

The front door speakers from the factory are 6.5 inch right? Shouldn't need adapters should I?

9. Yardie

Yardie "The Jamaican"

The front's are 6x9 and the rears are 6 1/2.

10. revobreaker

revobreaker Moderator
    Staff Member

front door speakers are 6x9. You CAN use 6.5 rounds IF you get/make an adapter

i made mine
    [​IMG]

11. x20Runner05

x20Runner05 New Member

I would make adapters and use the 6.5 components up front and 6.5 rear for fill in

12. XrunnIT

XrunnIT Active Member

13. TreTuna

TreTuna New Member

14. Xer0 SiN

Xer0 SiN New Member

youre gonna spend coin...get a good set of components like focal or alpine type r or x...either way i would change all the door speakers at the same time...

15. STONER-X

STONER-X Active Member

yes, spend the coin....... im going to get shallow mount 6.5 subs for the rear doors in the factory location and a set of components in the front with one 4 channel amp with a low pass x-over... im not going for a banging loud system (my ears are done with those) im going for a clean sounding system with some thump... just an idea.... i lack the subs which I found on ebay......

focal...... fooooooe shoooowwwwwww

#15 STONER-X, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  16. jmoore120

jmoore120 Active Member

17. Hitman

Hitman Active Member

If your looking for more bang for the buck I would suggest infinity kappa 693.9i they are 6x9 I personaly have 6x5 diamond audio my cousin has the infinty kappas when I ride with him those speakers hit plus they also got bass in them the rms rating are 110 and peak is 330 plus they only cost 124.99 I believe check this website dealercostcaraudio.com so far I've seen them have the best prices and it's all new

18. rich017

rich017 Active Member

For that much get something good like Diamond Audio, Alpine, Focal, Memphis.

Personally I don't think JL is really that good from what I have heard. It's just a name like Kicker... which isn't good.

19. 08x

08x New Member

i have the infinity references they sound awesome in there and even with the rite says i used the factory speakers cut out the paper used just the cone for brackets alot easier and cheaper for using them to mount and you no it will all line up

20. SALVIX-RUNNER817

nice look up , plus jl are the way to go! try the jl vr6's they sound a hell of alot better