Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FAQ : AFR Readings N/a - F/I

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
ok....so I got the bung weld and wideband hooked up. WOT I'm at about 11.1 idle is moves between 14.2-14.9. I found out sometimes it goes to like 16....then I tap the gas and it drop back to the 14's. Should I be worried about that??? I found out the 12.5 WOT is only when i redline.

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
ok so now I have some conern. Tonight I decided to run the truck pretty hard. Its about 40 out so I figured I'll open it up a little and look at gauges. Well I was looking at my afr and well it starts off at like 11.1, then it'll go 11.3....but around 4k rpm my afr goes up to like 13.0 and it stays that high until redline. At this time boost is right at 6psi. Is this normal for the afr to get rich at higher rpms??

Spyder327

Reaction score
ok so now I have some conern. Tonight I decided to run the truck pretty hard. Its about 40 out so I figured I'll open it up a little and look at gauges. Well I was looking at my afr and well it starts off at like 11.1, then it'll go 11.3....but around 4k rpm my afr goes up to like 13.0 and it stays that high until redline. At this time boost is right at 6psi. Is this normal for the afr to get rich at higher rpms??

That's not rich man that's lean... and lean is bad.

You're not getting enough fuel at high RPM's. Get it tuned or get some fuel upgrades ASAP.

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
yeah that's what I meant sorry...lean not rich....hum...well hum...tuned???? Don't know where to get that done at over here. And I really can't get X-1. Fuel upgrades??? Would just fuel pump work?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I would suggest a fuel pump for sure. With the colder weather, the air is much more dense, requiring more fuel to burn. I would bet that your pump isn't keeping up. After a pump upgrade your next thing is injectors and tuning.

Murderface

Reaction score
Why can't u get an X-1? Money?
Like Jason said start with a pump upgrade because injector upgrades u will need an X-1 for that.
Can u put u stock intake on and see what ur A/F is with it?

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
yea don't have the funds for the x-1. I don't have the stock intake so I can't do that. I guess for now, I'll stay out of boost in higher rpms.

c0astie31

Reaction score
so here is what i have

trd s/c
trd intake
urd 2.85 pulley
doug long tubes
trd exhaust,

scangauge II

idle i am 14.7 once warmed up, under hard accel, i dip in the low 11's, but cruising i am around 13.3 to 14.9, does this sound right.

i pulled a couple plugs and the plugs look great, got some black on the bottom, and the porcilen part a little white and black, the electrod is dark , but very clean.

no damage or pitting,

just wanted to see what you guy say

Murderface

Reaction score
Scangauge DOESNT read the correct AFR:thumpdown:
when I have the laptop hooked up to the X-1, the actual readings can be 14.1-14.9 and scangauge will read 18 or 17.4:thumpdown: I could rev it up real quick and then it might read correct but for the most part it's not accurate

don't trust it

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
My scangauge reads pretty balls on but has a gnarly delay.

Your numbers are just fine C0astie

The sensor needs to be heated and exposed to exhaust heat for a bit before it becomes accurate - its normal to see off values while the truck warms up.

14.7 is right where it should be at idle and a little leaner/richer at very light cruise.

The TRD S/C operates in the 11.5-12.2 area stock WOT/LOAD dependant.

With todays fuel you need a clean set of plugs to do any kind of accurate chop.

Id say your scangauge is balls on if those numbers were obtained from it.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Before my sensor went bad in my wideband, my scangauge and wb were both maybe .2 degrees of each other with the exception of the delay. Now my sensor is bad so Im back on relying on the sg till the new sensor is ordered. I agree with doug on this one. :top:

c0astie31

Reaction score
i just did a nice WOT run and was right on 11.5 all the way up to 100 mph, so that is pretty good i am assuming.

thanks for your help guys

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
the amount of knowledge on this forum never ceases to amaze me. i cant wait to boost up and get some X-1age goin on in this biotch! hopefully by this time next year....

Murderface

Reaction score
I need to revive this thread so that maybe someone can add the information I'm looking for. We already have A/F #'s for those with NA motors and boosted motors running Gas, how about A/F #'s for those that are or will be running E85 with their TRD boosted XRunners? I know this info is just as important even though there's a small amount of us that are running E85 or that can run it. I would like to know what my A/F #'s should be at WOT with E85 on a boosted engine. So how bout it? Anyone know what it should be? I've looked all over the Internet but there's just a small amount of people who run E85 thru boost.

Ya I could always get an AEM A/F gauge that's made specifically for E85 but that will still not tell me what i should be at WOT and it will have to wait for now. Thx in advance:blurock::beavbutt:

Top Bottom