Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FAQ: Gas Mileage

rich017

Reaction score
I am getting 260 when my gas light come on. i am getting about 14 mpg. I have 5K miles

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
i got 24.5 mpg on the way back from Atlanta ( Xfest)

i usually get 18-19

Justin

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Usually average 19mpg here, been awhile since i filled it up tho :thumpdown:

Grumpy

Reaction score
i got 24.5 mpg on the way back from Atlanta ( Xfest)

i usually get 18-19

Justin

I average mid 19s. My personal best is 21.2 mpg, and that took some serious self-strain.

How do you do 24 mpg with boost?

rich017

Reaction score
How are you guys getting 19. Im only getting 14

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I average mid 19s. My personal best is 21.2 mpg, and that took some serious self-strain.

How do you do 24 mpg with boost?

boost cruising on the highway is more efficient than N/A

Its when the bypass is closed that you see the gas needle drop

Justin

Grumpy

Reaction score
How are you guys getting 19. Im only getting 14

For me, lots of self-discipline. Combination of gentle acceleration (no WOT), limit use of rpm (2.5k max), limited top speed (70-75 mph max), coast when you see red light ahead, keep junk outta your truck (less weight), no AC, window up on highway (aero drag)....also make sure you change the oil and keep tires properly inflated.

Grumpy

Reaction score
boost cruising on the highway is more efficient than N/A

Its when the bypass is closed that you see the gas needle drop

Justin

So technically, one can argue that having boost is good for mpg. NA maximum efficiency is 100% and boost push you over that mark.

Now I just gotta figure out a way to convince the misses that suppercharger is good for gas milage.:laugh:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
So technically, one can argue that having boost is good for mpg. NA maximum efficiency is 100% and boost push you over that mark.

Now I just gotta figure out a way to convince the misses that suppercharger is good for gas milage.:laugh:

yep:top:

Justin

My68ur8trd

Reaction score

Technically you can pay it off over a certain period of time :biggrin:

Justin

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I get between 290 to alittle over 300 on a full tank of gas once the light turns on. This is 90% city driving. When I fill up my tank it takes 17.5 Gallons. I use 91 octane and change my air filter twice within the 500 miles of the oil change and always keeping the tires at 36 psi.

BlackCat

Reaction score
I average around 20-21mpg. I do a lot of highway, or highway-like driving around here in the boonies south of Tucson though I do spend about a quarter of my mileage in Tucson itself. I spend a lot of time in sixth gear, skip shift in around town driving, generally gentle on the throttle. I run on Mobil1 synthetic and have a K&N pleated filter (direct OEM replacement, not the FilterCharger or CAI). But with gas prices soaring like they are (though "supposedly" Tucson has amongst the cheapest gas prices in the nation), I've even run on <gasp!> regular gas. No real difference in mileage (it does suck power, though).

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I'm finally getting better mileage. I'm getting at least 230 per tank (I used to be sweating to get that much). Hopefully it'll get better as the car continues to break in. I have about 10K on it now. Will be getting a catback exhaust system soon and hope the MPG will get even better!

Edit: Just about 99% pure city driving.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
My XR gets about 18 to19 mpg with A/C on all the time, but hopefully will get better mpg, with headers installed.:dontknow:

wshsbears

Reaction score
well with my newly purchased scangauge it says i've gotten an avg. of 8.4mpg every day. but.. i filled up the other day and calculated it for how much i put it and the mileage and it was about 12..

12 sounds more like what im used to.. if i got 8mpg, it may be a good investment to go FI for the added efficiency on the highway...

my best was 16 on the highway from fill up til empty..

Top Bottom