Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FAQ: State Window Tint Laws

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
I got a tick(9/07) for 35% in the front here...have 15% in the back windows. But no tix since, I 've been told most cops don't care that much...??

InkedRunner

Reaction score
I thought it was camping too. What tint do all you VA boys have I am going to get tint friday with the 3m coating on the front. I know 50 is what is legal but I want at least 35% do most VA guys have trouble with 35% its really not that dark.

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
I thought it was camping too. What tint do all you VA boys have I am going to get tint friday with the 3m coating on the front. I know 50 is what is legal but I want at least 35% do most VA guys have trouble with 35% its really not that dark.

You've seen mine...35% in front and 15% in the back. Only one ticket...F it. Its worth it...:top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Medical Exemption w00t w00t! Get yourselves some immunity. :top:

Mr.X

Reaction score
i have double limo(5%x2)on my front(driver passenger)windows and limo(5%)/20% over stock tint on the back windows and 30% on my windshield and ive never been stopped

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
i have double limo(5%x2)on my front(driver passenger)windows and limo(5%)/20% over stock tint on the back windows and 30% on my windshield and ive never been stopped
Nice, Do you have any pics of the tints.:top:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I got 20% front doors and factory in back. But i think imma redo it limo all around, maybe windshield some back that would be decided after the limo is done.

Gadget

Reaction score
I can tell you how it works in MD.

ALL WINDOW TINT IS ILLEGAL UNLESS APPROVED BY MSP.

I don't know what % is allowed, but until you make an appointment with MSP and have them check it with a tint meter and put an approved sticker on it, it is OUTLAWED.

Makes it real easy to enforce by the street troops.

I have tint on all of my vehicles, but don't have any stickers.

Gadget

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I can tell you how it works in MD.

ALL WINDOW TINT IS ILLEGAL UNLESS APPROVED BY MSP.

I don't know what % is allowed, but until you make an appointment with MSP and have them check it with a tint meter and put an approved sticker on it, it is OUTLAWED.

Makes it real easy to enforce by the street troops.

I have tint on all of my vehicles, but don't have any stickers.

Gadget

you can also go 160 mph and just smile your way out of the ticket.

your "Special" :rolleyez:

Justin

holddeez08RR

Reaction score

knock on wood lol

I'm actually surprised that CA isn't at the top for tint limitations. Seems like we get railed for everything else

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
ive got the stock on the back windows and just wanted my front to match look same all around! only got pulled over once, he was tring get me a DUI he didnt get it though but checked my windows since that was his reason to pull me over and said it was 18%, didnt get a ticket for that either. here in Kansas we can only go down to 35% on the front and dont matter on the rest, nothing on windsheild, to much country driving on highways dont think id want mine darker at night to many deer and s h ! T!!!

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
NC is 35% all the way around. How do they enforce? Its part of the vehicle inspections. Tint meter reads below 35% you fail....

scootter

Reaction score
you can also go 160 mph and just smile your way out of the ticket.

your "Special" :rolleyez:

Justin
:top:
I should have done this.. .)) getting the ticket in NY... for my 35% tint. NY cops are too eager to enforce the tint law I think, but depends on who you meet. Anyway NY is still much better than CA (where I live now) with it´s super-crappy tint law..

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
I guess your state laws aren't as Lenient as Hawaii. 29% front windows, dark as you want for the rears. Only the cars here have to have 29% or more.

Poke Squid

Reaction score
You can do 4 inches of the top windshield any percentage. 70% on whole front windshield, 35% on the front two windows, and 5% on the back for trucks in Hawaii with +5% or -5%. And all of the tint has to be Non-reflective tint.

Top Bottom