Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fog light mod 05-06

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
Hell yes!!! I have not did the blacked out headlight but checked it out and it's by far harder than the foglight mod. :top:

how do you know? maybe its easier thank the foglight mod ... dont hurt to try ... oh and by the way ... when you do the headlight mod lemme know which one is easier ... hahha :laugh:

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
how do you know? maybe its easier thank the foglight mod ... dont hurt to try ... oh and by the way ... when you do the headlight mod lemme know which one is easier ... hahha :laugh:
Fog lamp mod took me less than a couple of hours to do. How long did the blacked out headlights take? From all the write ups that I read it took at least one full day if not longer.:wink:

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
ummm if u know what yer doing and dont waste time t will take you atleast 3 hours tops ... well for me the two times i did it came out to around there ... but dont rush it ... u want it to look nice .. dont make my mistake of doing it at night ... u can miss a spot like me :laugh:

DOGO X

Reaction score
Fog lamp mod took me less than a couple of hours to do. How long did the blacked out headlights take? From all the write ups that I read it took at least one full day if not longer.:wink:

it took me maybe 3 hours! :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
i would set aside a whole day because you don't want to rush thru the job. :top:

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Makes more sense to do a good job and not rush it. When I did my fog lamp mod I took my time making sure everything was put back right.
For those who did the blackend headlights within 3 hours- your awesome!!!!:adore: That's damn fast.

Troskey

Reaction score
yeeeeeeep...looks like I'll have this mod done when I move to tampa...thanks to rob of course...

07xrunner

Reaction score
with the holiday weekend and all i finally did the fog mod :top:
100_0868.jpg

dwx

Reaction score
What's the parking light mod?

This is kind of funny...you guys call the signals lighting up as a DTRL "mod"...I call it bone stock!!! All Canadian spec X's already do this from the factory :eviltongue: ! I always drive with the parking lights on to complete the look....but that fog light mod is interesting!!

CBRBob

Reaction score
I was just talking about having the inner signals light up when you turn on your parking lights - but still work as turn signals. :dontknow:

I saw a tacoma dc today with that for the first time. Looks kinda...

britney%20retarded%20hrhr.jpg

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
This is kind of funny...you guys call the signals lighting up as a DTRL "mod"...I call it bone stock!!! All Canadian spec X's already do this from the factory :eviltongue: ! I always drive with the parking lights on to complete the look....but that fog light mod is interesting!!
Here in Ca, the state don't believe in DTRL's. And the dealers say it cant be done on truck unless the factory installs it themselves.

DOGO X

Reaction score

Interesting, will liket to see the wiring! :biggrin:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
If you're talking about the DTRL mod. Replace the oem relay with these-

the toyotanation thread is missing and I ordered the parts, can you give me a little direction as to where the relays are.

thanks

Justin

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the toyotanation thread is missing

And that there is why the mods here work hard to make sure that we don't link out to How-To's but to copy them, in their entirety (with photos) to XRU. That way we can ensure that we have control over the content and it will never go missing. :top:

Top Bottom