For those that missed my 'cure for the rasp'...

Discussion in 'N/A Mods & Tuning' started by Xacto, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Xacto

Xacto New Member

Awhile back i was having major issues with gnarly rasp. I mean gnarly. With the Injen huge cone intake, along with DTLTs, 3 inch custom exhaust (Aero-turbine muffler) and mini magnaflow cats, the thing roared.

Just out of intuition my buddy and i decided to weld on an 18 inch straight through magnaflow resonator immediately following the y-collector (y-pipe). Rasp doesn't exist anymore. Full throttle all the way through the power band, even when cold, none.

Conclusion:

The closer you have a significant muffling device (Resonator) to the y-pipe, the better the rasp reduction. My deduction is that the rasp mostly comes from abnormal interference and overlapping wave patterns from the exhaust's combining point (y-collector). The longer it is allowed to sustain this down the pipe, the more it amplifies (amplitude of wave). If you catch it however right out of the combination state with a muffling device, it terminates the wave form.

Cheers

2. blastap

blastap New Member

i thought your truck got stolen from you?

3. Xacto

Xacto New Member

i like how this is the only response to a 51 viewed post lmfao to the extreme. Yes it was joy rided then returned. It was found 3 weeks later.

4. blastap

blastap New Member

thats good to hear about your truck getting back to you.

5. Torspd

Torspd Moderator
    Staff Member

That makes perfect sense to me. I plan on trying something similar in tje near future.