Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

For those that missed my 'cure for the rasp'...

Xacto

Reaction score
Awhile back i was having major issues with gnarly rasp. I mean gnarly. With the Injen huge cone intake, along with DTLTs, 3 inch custom exhaust (Aero-turbine muffler) and mini magnaflow cats, the thing roared.

Just out of intuition my buddy and i decided to weld on an 18 inch straight through magnaflow resonator immediately following the y-collector (y-pipe). Rasp doesn't exist anymore. Full throttle all the way through the power band, even when cold, none.

Conclusion:

The closer you have a significant muffling device (Resonator) to the y-pipe, the better the rasp reduction. My deduction is that the rasp mostly comes from abnormal interference and overlapping wave patterns from the exhaust's combining point (y-collector). The longer it is allowed to sustain this down the pipe, the more it amplifies (amplitude of wave). If you catch it however right out of the combination state with a muffling device, it terminates the wave form.

Cheers

blastap

Reaction score
i thought your truck got stolen from you?

Xacto

Reaction score
i like how this is the only response to a 51 viewed post lmfao to the extreme. Yes it was joy rided then returned. It was found 3 weeks later.

blastap

Reaction score
thats good to hear about your truck getting back to you.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That makes perfect sense to me. I plan on trying something similar in tje near future.

Top Bottom