Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gauge led problem

Reaction score
It wasn't to hard. I just used a pocket knife to start it with then went to nail polish remover to finish the job.

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a write up for the fod light switch that doesn't have two different LEDs?

Jerez

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a write up for the fod light switch that doesn't have two different LEDs?

easy...i use a 3mm led with a 480 resistor soldered to the long lead of the led then solder it directly to the the switch terminals...idk i have pics of it tho

BluDemon

Reaction score
Got it done. It was a whole lot easier then I thought that it would be.
2012-07-22_205822.jpg

2012-07-22_205827.jpg

2012-07-22_210826.jpg

Now all that is left is the wheel and clock.

BTW, thank you everyone that helped.
It looks great..:top:

Reaction score
easy...i use a 3mm led with a 480 resistor soldered to the long lead of the led then solder it directly to the the switch terminals...idk i have pics of it tho

What's the wattage rating for the resister, or does it even matter? What two terminals do I solder to? I know there is four. To be honest I haven't haven't taken the switch apart to look at it yet. I am just going off the pics from the write up on here.

It looks great..:top:

Thanks man

Last edited:

Jerez

Reaction score
What's the wattage rating for the resister, or does it even matter? What two terminals do I solder to? I know there is four. To be honest I haven't haven't taken the switch apart to look at it yet. I am just going off the pics from the write up on here.

Thanks man

the 2 terminals in which you can see the bulb twists into (stock halogen bulb)
iirc, the resistor part runs on the bottom terminal

and i buy bulk...not sure what wattage lol

Reaction score
How about a write up on how to do the steering wheel controls. I know you have the take the air bag off. Before that you have to discontent the battery and let it sit for half an hour or more. Just would like a play-by-play, ya know.

Murderface

Reaction score
looks good. Green is mos def original. I like the contrast.

I had mine done in green also because that's the only color LEDs that were left and they were free. I like the way mine turned out
Daytime
cda203f2.jpg

Night time
27657844.jpg

Reaction score
I got the steering wheel controls done but had one hell of a time doing the fog light. The write up on here isn't very good and the way you said Jerez didn't work either.

Top Bottom