Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gauge Setup...Opinions Welcome

Whcih gauges are best as "other" for boost Application? Read thread First!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I had no idea after installing the APR X-1 Controller that it uses the check engine light as a shift light...:biggrin: very cool indeed...:top:

I wonder if you changed the LED cluster for the check engine light to do a multi color: green, yellow, then red if you could set individual timings so that once you start hitting 6K instead of flashing it will go green, then as you get closer to redlining it will change to yellow, then once you hit the rev-limiter it flashes to red and holds...:hmmmm2: that's going to be something I"m going to have to look into...:biggrin:

I already have a shift light. The APR X-1 uses the check engine light as a shift light. My redline is set at 6200 and the check engine light will start flashing at 6000. I just thought with one gauge to show it all it would look good to have a single pod.

Gadget

Reaction score
WOW>.. nice gauge setup.. and it's not that expensive comparitivly.
under $400 the the 200. $450 with a widebandsetup.
http://www.plxdevices.com/index.html

that's very cool.

i think i would go this route if i was boosted.

Or you can get them cheaper from here:

http://www.urdusa.com/index.php?cPath=66_127_129

Gadget

I really like the 200 OBD. Does anyone make a single gauge pod for our trucks? I seem to only find pods that hold 2-3 gauges.

No, as far as I know the only company that makes a pod for the 2005+ taco is Lo-Tek and it is a double gauge pod.

Gadget

Last edited:

ABP

Reaction score
No, as far as I know the only company that makes a pod for the 2005+ taco is Lo-Tek and it is a double gauge pod.

Gadget

Well maybe I will do a dedicated boost gauge to fill the hole since you can get an autometer boost for $80 and then hook all the other sensors through the 200 OBD.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
try it now, do you support quicktime? its working for me, and mercy me its a beautiful site :rockon:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i just did a quicktime update...restarted...still doesn't work for me...:hmmmm2: I tried using Firefoxx and Internet Explorer...I want to see gadget's site...:biggrin:

try it now, do you support quicktime? its working for me, and mercy me its a beautiful site :rockon:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I tried to find it on gadget's site, but I dont see a page for the x..... I assure you it works. :rockon:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
yeah I tried looking for the x on gadget's site but wasn't able to find it...OH I'm sure it works I guess I will give it a try when I get home from work...:biggrin: which is only 10 minutes left...:top:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I already have a shift light. The APR X-1 uses the check engine light as a shift light. My redline is set at 6200 and the check engine light will start flashing at 6000. I just thought with one gauge to show it all it would look good to have a single pod.

Yardie has a single pod. Mike at HVM made it for me last year before the lotek came out and Yardie has it now

its pretty sweeet wrapped in black suede

Justin

ABP

Reaction score
Yardie has a single pod. Mike at HVM made it for me last year before the lotek came out and Yardie has it now

its pretty sweeet wrapped in black suede

Justin

Do you have any pics of it? I would like to see one before I ask Mike if he will make another.

Jizaldo

Reaction score
Have you thought about installing just one or two gauges, but still be able to see all the data you want?
Here is a great option:
The PLX iMFD (intelligent multi-function display) are like little TV screens. They will display whatever you want.
There is a module that runs the gauge. Then you decide what you want to see on that gauge and connect those sensor modules to it. So, on one gauge you can see boost, AFR, EGT, Fuel Pressure and on and on.
You can see 4 different gauges at one time on the screen in a digital format, or one at a time in a gauge format. Use the control fob to cycle through the gauges you want to see.
Now here is the cool thing. Say you have fuel pressure hooked up, but like watching the boost all the time. You can set alarm levels on the fuel pressure so that if it ever drops below a preset value while watching boost, it will automatically switch to the fuel pressure, FLASH RED to alert you there is a problem so you can get off of it.
DMOBD500x500.jpg

They also have a scan tool unit. The PLX DM-100/200 OBD display unit that gives you all the scan tool data like a scan gauge and you can still connect all the other modules to it.
You can also design your own gauges and load them up so you can make it look like whatever you want it to look like.
ONE GAUGE, see everything.
Just something to consider.
Gadget
Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but what's the difference between a DM100 and a DM200? Thanks.

Top Bottom