Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gaylord

XR

Reaction score
Is the Gaylord speedster cover worth it?

Anyone got pics?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I got lots, what do you want specifically...
IMG_2291.jpg

PB071373.jpg

DSCN6019.jpg

IMG_2441_zpsfec87a0e.jpg

The last pic is to show that I still need to move the cover forward for better fitment, but yeah so far customer service has been great! I tied mine into my viper 5901 so it can be remotely opened...

I really like how easy it is to take on and off and still be in perfect adjustment! I will be pulling it off Friday to help a buddy move I will take pics then.

I bought mine used from another member to which is was BSP when I got it, I have since painted it RR and changed out the gas shocks as one did go(after 4 ish years) and Gaylord sent me a new set for $80 I think... Also locked my keys under the cover at one point and broke a latch opening it... Called Gaylord and they sent me 2 update latch versions for free shipped to the great white north!!

So far I am happy with it

XR

Reaction score
Man that looks sharp on that RR. Mine is RR too! ! Ok looks like I am pulling the trigger tomorrow. Is there any specifics I should ask for, like shocks hinges, locks?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
It all depends, from what I understand mine is an X2000 cover which has keyless entry and the struts at the front of the bed. What that means is compared to the other option, the one that NHXrunner has.... cover name is escaping me.... Anyway his opens automatically when you unlock the key and for that cover the gas shock is closer to the back latch.....

If I were to order one I would want the color matched lock cover as that's the only think I feel mine is missing...

Other notable downsides are that the lock , since I don't have a cover does leak a bit it the wet and in cold weather freezes, so I always have lock de-icer on hand... And because the cover ties into the Toyota bed rail it severely limits what you can do with the rails... IE I had a factory bed divider before but after getting the Gaylord cover to replace my ARE cover, it was very limited in use so I got rid of it...

Other than that all good man

XR

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks a lot for the info and pics! Now the waiting game begins.

Top Bottom