Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GB for New Tires?

AFP520

Reaction score
Anybody out there need a set of new tires and interested in getting a GB together? :dontknow:

The only thing that sucks is there are a lot of brands and we'd need to agree on one. :thumbdown:

I'm liking the Nitto NT555's for the cost. I ran a set on my S and loved them.

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck, but I don't think any of our vendors deal in tires........

05H0TWHEELS

Reaction score
I'm in for some tires but just like Matt said I don't think our vendors carry tires.

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
someone could contact a vendor that does sell tires...course they would have to sign up to be a vendor on this site though

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Discount tire is a vendor on TW and maybe the FJ forum. Maybe an invite or something is in order.

WallasX

Reaction score
discounttiredirect.com has the best deals around

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
woudnt have to settle on one kind of tire they could just offer a discount off any tires for group buy.

i sent them a message with this link on TW, told them to contact the admin on this thread if interested.

AFP520

Reaction score
I sent discount tire direct a message on CT and got this response...

Originally Posted by AFP520
Do you guys offer group buys for tires?

Not at this time but we do guarantee the lowest delivered price on everything we sell. If any of our competitors have a lower delivered price (unit price + shipping) please let us know. We won't be beat.

-Travis
Discount Tire Co.
No dice there.

Tunedx

Reaction score
This is great info i need some fatty tires for the x.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Your best bet, go online and search for the exact tires you want. Find the cheapest price, then go to a discounttire store (if you have one around you) and price match it. Not sure if the website price matches. I got all four tires (Nitto Invos) for under $800, mounted and balanced.

08x

Reaction score
onlinetires.com is cheaper then discount and has the no name tires for extremly cheap if u cant afford to much

RunnerofX

Reaction score
i had a set of nitto 555's but they didnt last long. i think i might have gotten 15k miles out of em... i only got them because i found a wholesaler that sold them to me for $85 a tire. i just got a set of yokohama 580s they are a 45k mile tire

itsme71190

Reaction score
well while this thread is up i got a quick question. i have a set of 19"rims i need tires for. the tires that are on them now are 225/40/19 on the front. and 245/40/19 on the back. but i want a thicker tire. whats a good size up. i do have a 2"sittin sic drop on the truck.

AFP520

Reaction score
well while this thread is up i got a quick question. i have a set of 19"rims i need tires for. the tires that are on them now are 225/40/19 on the front. and 245/40/19 on the back. but i want a thicker tire. whats a good size up. i do have a 2"sittin sic drop on the truck.
Thicker as in sidewall? Running 19's I think the 40 series is pretty good.

AFP520

Reaction score
thats what they are now. side by side the rims and tires are the same as the stock ones
Going up to 45 is going to make your speedo read slow and your mileage will not be actual. Using the stock tire and your rear tire size on http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html -- I figured the difference is like 22 miles for every 1000.

I'm not sure if the larger series will interfere with your drop. It shouldn't but...

Top Bottom