Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Glow in the dark Clear Coat...

Super Werty

Reaction score
applying that to cars is gonna be made illegal so fast you wont have 2 seconds to enjoy it

it would be a very expensive mistake:thumpdown:

InkedRunner

Reaction score
applying that to cars is gonna be made illegal so fast you wont have 2 seconds to enjoy it

I doubt it. Its not that bright and it is not a light of any sort. We will see I definitely could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
see the first thing that came into my mind was using this on friends that pass out from getting way too high or drunk.... cause i mean think about it.... haha you cant see it during the day, then you show up to a party glowing like toxic waste hahahaha. There are endless possibilities.... i think i might have to bring some of this crap to XR-USA..... lol lol

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
would this work on a black paint job?

How much is that running a quart??

Im planning on going to a matte black this winter with gloss racing strips. Would be sweet as heck to have glow in the dark racing strips at night...have them glow like a whitesh color...

PM me with some info man, Im on like donkey kong

InkedRunner

Reaction score
would this work on a black paint job?

How much is that running a quart??

Im planning on going to a matte black this winter with gloss racing strips. Would be sweet as heck to have glow in the dark racing strips at night...have them glow like a whitesh color...

PM me with some info man, Im on like donkey kong

Its about $100 per pound. I have yet to find out what they recomend to add per quarte of clear it is an additive. You would add the stuff to your first clear coat and then do one or two over it to be able to wet sand it and not remove the eveness.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I doubt it. Its not that bright and it is not a light of any sort. We will see I definitely could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

neither is street glow, but that's illegal

what matters is that it's a distraction and its not white(you cant be driving down the road with all the crazy colors glowing down the highway) because people will stop what they are doing to look and either they or someone else is going to end up ramming into something:laugh:

in a perfect world with perfect drivers this might be ok, but it will never happen

InkedRunner

Reaction score
^^ street glow is lighting. Have you ever seen anything glow in the dark. Its not that bright anyways, probably barely noticeable. Neon kits are very visable.

2006nightrider

Reaction score

As of right now, its NOT illegal.....even here in VA where everything is illegal.

The only reason its not is the fact that the manufacturer claimed that the glow on the vehicle would make your car more noticable at nighttime, kind of like DTRL in the daytime...and hopefully make it less likely to be involved in an accident considering you will be able to see it better at nighttime.

As Inkedrunner said, it will make it glow, but nothing like neon lights.

Last edited:

InkedRunner

Reaction score
Considering I will be painting my car in the next few months with this stuff I will let everybody know what it looks like, how bright, and if I get bothered for having it.

It will be cool if like in the middle of the night the glow gets dim then I go thru a tunnel and pop out the other side glowing. lol

Super Werty

Reaction score
As of right now, its NOT illegal.....even here in VA where everything is illegal.

The only reason its not is the fact that the manufacturer claimed that the glow on the vehicle would make your car more noticable at nighttime, kind of like DTRL in the daytime...and hopefully make it less likely to be involved in an accident considering you will be able to see it better at nighttime.

As Inkedrunner said, it will make it glow, but nothing like neon lights.

well sure, but how long has it been out? Its only a matter of time

doesnt really matter to how bright it is either, a distraction is a distraction

come on guys, you know people are gonna break there necks when they see a glowing car go down the road

Reaction score
any idea on the longevity of the product? any product gaurantees from the manufacture? I have to get my truck painted next week.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
hate to see someone who robbed a bank with the getaway car painted with this stuff....Talk about freak lol....

2006nightrider

Reaction score
any idea on the longevity of the product? any product gaurantees from the manufacture? I have to get my truck painted next week.

Not really sure.....

Somewhere in this thread, I put the contact info for the company....I would give them a call to get some more info ont he product

Top Bottom