Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

good price

gunner76137

Reaction score
Whats a good price for getting my stockers powder coated???
Im in Tennessee now and theres only 2 shops here that do it. Ive been to 1 and he wanted $110 per rim.
Thats chemicly stripping and powder coating matte black

True

Reaction score
I got mine done with a pin stripe 400 for all 4 from one of our local vendors. Didn't seem too bad of a price.

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Whatever you do PLEASE make sure the powder coater you use does a proper surface prep before coating.

I used a place in Tampa to PC my Honda Gold Wing wheels and all they did was bead blast them - and now the front one is peeling really bad :(

It's gonna cost as much to strip it off as it did to do a crappy coating job!!

I suggest you ask the place what brand of powder they use, then read the company's web site to find what is recommended for surface preparation and ensure they follow it.

I'm tired of mine coming off in big chunks!! :(

Dave

easts1d3

Reaction score
Bead blast is the worst thing you can do, a high oxide media blast is the best thing you can do followed by a chemical wash and my powder coater used E coat before powder coating my rims

Attachments

• image-2414168362.jpg
    image-2414168362.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 95

Bulldogger

Reaction score
I paid 80/rim in NY where everything is more expensive. Same guy did my vet rims and mustang coil covers. Will be doing my Toyota vavle covers soon

Top Bottom