Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

group buy/ sponsor sale section?

quicky06

Reaction score
well maybe im just used to ls1tech but i think it would be nice to have a section that has all the group buys and sponsor sales in it. this would be nice instead of having to go section by section to look for them

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Definitely a great idea! :rock:

I'll make sure Klint sees this, as with the XRU.2 will have some updates in it. :top:

Spyder327

Reaction score
I agree that something like this would be pretty cool:top:

Coupe

Reaction score
I would like to be a non vendor and be able to arrange group buys. This would be for the good of the community not to make money.

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
I would like to be a non vendor and be able to arrange group buys. This would be for the good of the community not to make money.

i second that.... and good idea on the sale site... ok good talk

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Never saw this thread till just now....that is a great idea:top:

What exactly do you mean? Like work with each vendor and help them setup their group buys?

Spyder327

Reaction score
Ideas like this will be incorporated into the new version of XRU that should be released soon:top:

Coupe

Reaction score
Never saw this thread till just now....that is a great idea:top:

What exactly do you mean? Like work with each vendor and help them setup their group buys?

I am not talking about stealing money away from our vendors. I am suggesting a group buy that none of our vendors offer. For example maybe the group wants purple shift knobs and none of our vendors offer purple shift knobs. Maybe I arrange to get 50 made for a group buy.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
great idea!

But then it comes to a point where... lets say i sell rubber

ill make a group buy for that... and it happens

then i sell rims....and it happens

then i sell grills... and it happens

Then it wouldnt be fair for the vendors... because they pay monthly to be a vendor and here i am selling stuff... iono :hmmmm2:

DanNolan

Reaction score
iono....its like the carpet situation. I would absolutely love for a vendor to take over that, organize the carpets, and hook us up. Any of our vendors willing to make carpets, at a reasonable price?

Twisted Creations

Reaction score

Vendors have expenses, such as vendor fees, overhead, R&D etc. Off the shelf products can be found anywhere on the net for about the same price that an individual can get from a company in volume discount. As far as profit goes, there really isn't as much profit in online sales as people think. We average about 10% or less, what we rely on is volume sales to make the mark. So if everyone can sell on the forums this would drive out the vendors and reduce the amount of products offered to the community. Just my .02 worth...

ntinhri

Reaction score
Vendors have expenses, such as vendor fees, overhead, R&D etc. Off the shelf products can be found anywhere on the net for about the same price that an individual can get from a company in volume discount. As far as profit goes, there really isn't as much profit in online sales as people think. We average about 10% or less, what we rely on is volume sales to make the mark. So if everyone can sell on the forums this would drive out the vendors and reduce the amount of products offered to the community. Just my .02 worth...

I agree.. Im not a vendor, but I think if you have some connections to get some group buys going then I shoot the vendors a pm and see who might want to head it up.. these guys pay monthly fees and other expences.. having someone who isnt a vendor stealing sales from our vendors wouldnt be right..

Coupe

Reaction score

Point well taken. Again the idea is not to compete. The idea is to offer a service that is not offered.

I own a business and I understand your situation. The carpet scenario is a good example though of a product desired, that there is no supply. We could attack this another way.

We could start a start the section "Crap we want to buy" HVM does something like this. If any vendor on the site wants to pick it up, they can. If no vendor picks it up in 30 days and individual could pick it up and run with it.

We start a thread similar to what we do now. Group but for purple shift knobs. No price yet, just a feeler. The list gets 50 names (of which probably 10 people are going to bail out on you). The list stays on line for 30 days. Any vendor that want to run with it can. First vendor to voice gets the order. On the 31th day, if no vendor has claimed the group buy an individual can run with it. You can not sale any thing that a vendor on the site carries (like MX grills)

I think it would be an good idea if all the vendors shout out here. I think if the vendors think this is offensive, I would rather drop it. The XRU vendors do a good job and I do not want to piss them off.

Top Bottom