Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

H@lp w/Pioneer Avic D-3 Bluetooth BTB200 Power Supply Wire Install?

iamrayzian

Reaction score
I'm trying to install my Pioneer BTB200 to my AVIC D-3 right now. I got everything figured out except the Power Supply Wire. Its has the Yellow which indicates Battery and the Black Wire which I think is Ground. Now what do I do with these 2 wires? I don't have the slightest clue.

I'm hoping anyone with some knowledge can help me as I'm going to leave soon tonight to celebrate and would love to finish this. I've got everything taken care of except this.

I'll take a picture of the wire in a bit

Any got instructions to where to install the wires, let me know. Thanks!

HAPPY 4th!

Last edited by a moderator:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
The yellow wire should go to the constant power wire on your factory wire harness for your stereo. As for the ground, should be the same thing. Do these wires come off or part of the wiring harness for the new deck. Kinda hard to figure out without pics. please post.

iamrayzian

Reaction score
Thanks so much.

I'm looking at it and i think I got it.

I'm tapping into the Yellow wire marked "battery" like the yellow wire from the BTB? Hence the same color cordination from Pioneer to make it easy.

I do the same as the Black.

I've taken pictures on the thread feel free to see it to see if I'm on the right track.

The top wires are of the one from the BTB200. The wire underneath it is the matching color code from the headunit. Just tap the Yellow to Yellow and the Black to Black?

Here is the Yellow Wire from the BTB (Left w/Splice) to the Headunit one marked Battery. Tap them?

Here is the Black Wire from the BTB (Near Thumb w/Splice) to the Headunit one thats black under my thumb. Tap this one?

Here is the BTB200 Power Supply all in its Glory

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yes, the yellow wire goes to constant 12v source and the black is ground.

iamrayzian

Reaction score
^
So I got it all connected and now I stumped once again. Its wired perfectly and works 100% but now I'm getting an issue on connecting to my phone.

I have a HTC TOUCH Pro with the HTC detecting my Pioneer device. I tried connected and the AVIC D-3 detects my phones as "NO NAME". So I've clicked on it to connext and it proceeds to ask for a confirmation default code. I enter as stated " 0000 ".

After 10 seconds or so, my phone will state you have connected with device. However then the AVIC D-3 will state ERROR on connection and then state INVALID.

I'm frustrated as I've gotten so far and I'm reaching out for a helping hand.

Anyone out there with a clue, do share.

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

XNU

Reaction score
Let me know how you like it when you get it working? I was thinking of getting the same thing but do not know how good they really work....

Top Bottom