Having a few problems... Help? Long read sorry

Discussion in 'F/I Mods & Tuning' started by jmoore120, Aug 30, 2011.

1. jmoore120

jmoore120 Active Member

Ive got the TRD S/C, TRD CAI, DTLT's and the NST Pulley. These mods have been on the truck for 2-3 years. (Some longer than others) A few weeks ago when I was on the way home from work I noticed that when I put the truck in neutral (because I had a turn coming up) the RPM's went up to 2k then back down below 1k then back to 2k then back to below 1k etc. etc... I then got a engine light for P0451 EVAP Sensor voltage low. I cleared the code, truck runs fine except when in neutral it does the rev thing. About 2 weeks later I get P0171 and P0174 lean codes. I take it to the dealership and they spend a whole day looking at it and cant find anything as to whats causing this. They tell me to remove the URD O2 sim and bring it back to them. I take it to another mechanic and he spent a whole day on it and cant find any reason as to why its doing this, he thinks it could be a program error in the ECU. The second mechanic even tried it with the O2 sim on and removed. So he leaves the O2 sim out and I take it back to Toyota and asked them about reflashing the ECU. They say theyll look into it. They call me back and say they want me to remove everything thats not Toyota before theyll look at it because it could be one of those mods causing the problem. I dont see how as these mods have been there for quite some time now. The service manager calls me and said they would go ahead and look at it again for me. They had the truck for 2 days and couldnt find anything as to why its doing what its doing and when I asked them about reflashing the ECU they looked at me like I was retarded..... So today I put all the stock pulleys back on and removed my fog light mod as well. Any suggestions? Also need some help with the fog light mod removal because its been so long since I did it that I cant remember where this yellow wire goes. I did the FLM where I used the add-a-circuit thing. Wheres this yellow wire supposed to go? It comes off the relay and goes into the fuse box where its spliced to the blue wire after the connector. I dont even recall messing with this wire.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gadget

Gadget Well-Known Member

Ask them for the freeze frame data for those codes. That will tell you a lot.

G

3. jmoore120

jmoore120 Active Member

Pic of the wire

Attached Files:

4. Coupe

Coupe Active Member

I will throw in my 2 cents.

1. FLM.

[​IMG]

Pull up the circled breaker. There is one tab that is bend at 90 degrees. Take off wire attachment. Bend straight. Put back into socket. Fog lights should work as before.

Just some thinks to look at for the other problem.

1. I would check to see that gas cap is tight.

2. I would check the evap canister under the bed. I know that the DJM guys crack these when the ard the URD traction bar.

3. Check the connections on the VSC. This gets reloacted from your stock black manifold to your s/c.

This pic shows it on the stock manifold.
    [​IMG]

It gets relocated under the s/c housing.

[​IMG]

This may give you a place to start.

Good Luck.

5. jmoore120

jmoore120 Active Member

Actually the EVAP code is gone and hasnt come back, just getting the lean codes at the moment. I took the fog light relay up and bend the piece back and everything. They work as before. Problem Im having is figuring out where this yellow wire is supposed to be connected. I dont recall messing with this yellow wire before. Part of the supercharger install?

6. Coupe

Coupe Active Member

I think the yellow wire goes to the intercooler pump.

7. jmoore120

jmoore120 Active Member

Almost certain its for the intercooler pump, Im also pretty sure it was connected with some type of clip to the Fuel Injection fuse along with my FLM. Since I removed the FLM I want to be sure of where to hook this back up, not driving the truck until its reconnected. Thanks.

8. Red_Hott

Red_Hott New Member

im almost positive its the vsc....that happened to me i was running lean bc the hose had come off and the ecu was trying to compensate for the extra air causing it to throw a code