Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HD Radio ?

DannysBlkX

Reaction score
Has anyone installed HD radio in there XR yet ? if you have how did you do it ? im not to sure if we need a tuner with the receiver or just a receiver and is it worth it ?:hmmmm2:

SX TOY

Reaction score
from what I have read most receivers are hd radio "ready" meaning tuner is separate don't know much more about it though

DannysBlkX

Reaction score
Yeah im still doing research on HD radio thing. There's not much detailed info on it...from what i can tell "don't quote me on this, i might be wrong" but if you have the AM-SAT or the AUX button on your radio your good to go...All you need is the HD tuner. Im still not sure how the tuner hooks up to your stock radio. There's a lot of different brand tuners out there but i can't find anything about " tuner to stock radio interface harnesses " !!! Found a sony XT-100 HD tuner for $50 bucks.
I emailed sony tech support for more info on the matter of hooking it up to stock XR radio's.
I'll post again when i find out more info on it....:hmmmm2:

SX TOY

Reaction score
sounds cool I will do the same. off topic but how do you like your stubby?

DannysBlkX

Reaction score
Well... i like the look it gives the XR, size is good, quality of construction is good, but reception has gone down. when im driving around it fades in and out sometimes with some static. not all stations do it but i would say 3 out of 6 stations i listen to do. That's why im looking into HD radio, better quality sound with the same stations you listen to.....it's free... you can't beat that... :top:

SX TOY

Reaction score
about what I am expecting. I ordered 1 last night

1q2w3e

Reaction score
just go plug in a creative sound blaster in your fuse box!!!

Top Bottom