Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Headliner airbags

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Does anyone know exactly where the airbags are and where they would come through the headliner when deployed? It they are disconnected would it mess with the rest of the system? I'm sure the air bag light would come on. I dunno if it worth doing any modding to it or not.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Anytime a airbag itself is unpluged or failed it will turn the light on. It's for your own safety and moreso if you have family riding with you.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
x20Runner05 said:
Anytime a airbag itself is unpluged or failed it will turn the light on. It's for your own safety and moreso if you have family riding with you.

I know I'm just curious of how much headliner it messes up when deployed so I can maybe work around it. And I have to worry about doing leather to my seats cuz of those airbags also.

rich017

Reaction score
I know I'm just curious of how much headliner it messes up when deployed so I can maybe work around it. And I have to worry about doing leather to my seats cuz of those airbags also.

If you get in a bad enough wreck for them to deploy, I don't think it's going to matter if it messes up the work around it.

It would all have to be replaced anyways.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Brian i beleive they have special leather kits from katskin for seats with airbags. Look at some of the dash airbags in cars. It destroys half the dash they cant just button that back up.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
From the looks of the video loooks morelike the edge of the headliner. But thats up to you to chance putting something up there. I dont think anyone will gaurantee it wouldnt interfere in the event of collision. No one collision is alike.

RumRunner

Reaction score
If i remember right from pulling my headliner...they are in the a-pillar and right behind the door weatherstripping. Pull the weather stripping off inside where the door goes and stick your finger in there they are like 2" by like a foot long

Slay0r

Reaction score
not to completely thread jack, but im in the middle of wrapping my headliner, im on the rear coat hangers. I cant seem to get them out. I got the front visor clips out by doing a 1/4 turn and pulling out. The rear coat hanger thingys do about an 1/8th turn, but they're not coming out.

Any tricks/suggestions?

srry brian:smile:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Same way...1/4 hard turn then pull out. What are you wrapping it with?

Slay0r

Reaction score
dam, cant get the full 1/4. and dont worry. if i get this thing off, ill have pix tonite:top:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Slay0r said:
dam, cant get the full 1/4. and dont worry. if i get this thing off, ill have pix tonite:top:

I just took the passenger side hanger off...I turned it hard to the right 1/4 turn and pulled it out.

Slay0r

Reaction score
k, got it.

som bitches hurt getting them to turn all the way

Slay0r

Reaction score
Ill have another mod( maybe two)here before the meet, dont know if itll go in or not. I did like 4-7 just this week alone. And i have some parts that are here but cant go in yet.

Ima post a thread up later this evening with everything i did this week.

Top Bottom