Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

help honda accord problem

xrtaco06

Reaction score
well my wifes 93 honda accord is giving me problems. i have changed the distributor twice already. good thing it has lifetime warranty, but this is the problem it keeps going out after a week or so. what can it be, because every time i change it starts up again but in about a week it leaves me hanging :eviltongue::motz:. anyone know what it can be:hmmmm2:. please help me.

BlackCat

Reaction score
What exactly is it doing (or NOT doing) ? What are the symptoms of your distributor going out ? Did the car have any other work done to the engine, ignition system or even accident damage in the last 6 months or so ?

4VsX

Reaction score
Can you tell me more about what is happening? It stalls when hot or cold? Im assuming you have a no spark condition.
Is your coil mounted inside the dist or outboard?

Dallas

Reaction score
I remember some accords with the 4 cylinder having problems with the counterbalance shaft that drives the distrbutor, if i recall it was something about the bearings, and it caused the distributor to fail. I would check with honda, there maybe a silent recall on the problem.

xrtaco06

Reaction score
heres the thing i put a my friends accord distributor on and drove it home, started fine. so i know it something burning the distributor cause when i took mine off it smelled burned. if i warranty it again it would be the third one and it would just burn out on me again. so do u guys know what work with the distributor that may cause it to burn out.

eltus

Reaction score
how many miles on the engine? has the timing chain been replaced?

Tapp

Reaction score
well rule out the distributor, its not that...you need to find the corporate!! if you keep replacing distributors, its only temporary fixing something and as you see..if causing your distributor to fail.

you need to find the source... i would start with a local honda dealer and check for TSB's.. anything that they could help you out to find the "source"!!

what are the symptoms..??

SeaSmokesX72

Reaction score
when u say u replace the distributor what all are u replacing? im a honda tech and we have had ALOT of problems with the ignitor inside the distrutor i would start there if u havent already done so

xrtaco06

Reaction score
when u say u replace the distributor what all are u replacing? im a honda tech and we have had ALOT of problems with the ignitor inside the distrutor i would start there if u havent already done so

the whole entire distributor has been replaced. so i am guessing the ignitor as well. i got the new distributor and a new coil so i'll see if the coil was the problem.

well rule out the distributor, its not that...you need to find the corporate!! if you keep replacing distributors, its only temporary fixing something and as you see..if causing your distributor to fail.

you need to find the source... i would start with a local honda dealer and check for TSB's.. anything that they could help you out to find the "source"!!

what are the symptoms..??

not much symptoms. change the distributor and then it turns on fine then in about it just won't give spark to the plugs. so when i put in another distributor it turns back on like nothing ever happened.

Last edited:
Top Bottom