Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help now: Headunit keep blowing fuse!!!!!

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
Ok so I went to try and hook up my sound system to test everything out. head unit worked fine. After hooking up the high amp then cutting everything one the amp came on the head unit came on then I turned it up b/c I didn't hear anything and the head unit went out and the amp went into protection. after un hooking everything the head unit is not blowing fuses.....HELP!!!! The factor head unit works without any problem. Is the other head unit blown????

Last edited:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Sounds like it could possibly be a remote wire issue. I would check first to make sure you have no loose connections or wires shorting anywhere.

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
Steven where you been???? I was looking for your number, you where the first person I thought about..... but yeah I checked that. That was the first thing I checked. The only thing I undid was the speaker wires so I could connect them to the amp. And fuses just kept blowing. The second I connect the harness to the factory harness, the key wouldn't have to be in, and the fuse would blow. I think I might have fired my head unit some how. Like I said the head unit came on and the amp came on, and I turned the headunit up b/c I didn't hear anything, and then the unit cut off and the amp went into protection, and well after that, the unit kept blowing fuses. Fuses under the hood not on the radio.

I double checked remotes, powers, and didn't find anything wrong. I think it is the new distribution block I'm using. It suppose to light up whenever you use it, using the power from the battery, but i never saw a ground for it. Until about 20 mins ago when I noticed that the ground was where the screw screwed to hold the block in place. Which would need to be in metal and not wood. But besides that I don't know what else to think. I never had this problem until I switch distribution blocks.

Last edited:

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
If the radio is messed up (blown) would that cause the fuse under the hood to blow???

08x

Reaction score
i had that with a diff car u could barley hear anything and u try to turn it on and the amp went into protection mode wat we ended up doing was swaping out headunits and it fixed it and see u also said with ur factory radio it works so that theres shows ur aftermarket is messed up

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Sounds like it could possibly be a remote wire issue. I would check first to make sure you have no loose connections or wires shorting anywhere.

yeah bro, check that out. I had the same problem when a place in Fort Hood wired a system in my car. The cut the remote wire near my back seats. I kept bringing it in to have them fix it only to find out that it would blow again. The last time one of the idiots just put a bigger fuse. Drove down the road and my deck caught fire. They replaced it and found the cut wire. Bottom line if there is a fuse popping there is an issue somewhere. keep up posted brotha.

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
Yeah checked everything and reconnected almost all the wires. I think I'm going to take the unit to the shop and see if it is blown or what not...I don't know if I want to try and hook it up again. Then again it only takes like 15 mins or so....but I'll keep ya posted

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
So I dropped the radio off at the shop this morning...hopefully I'll get it back this week sometime.

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
update: Just talked to the place that fixing the unit...I have a blown power source and control board TOTAL............... $295 to fix

XR-Ace

Reaction score
ill see if i can get the homie jason (garno13) to chime in and help you out hes an automotive stereo guru

Top Bottom